New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New dude from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New dude from Texas

Hello. I found this forum yesterday after buying a used 96 CBR900 and wanted to say Hi. Great day yesterday, terrible day today. Got the bike home last night, unloaded it off of my truck, put it in the garage with the other bikes(VTX1800R, KZ1100A, CRF450, CR250) for the night. Today I pull it out to give it my first good once over. I have a detached garage in the back of my house with no concrete in front of it. I have very hard packed rock and dirt. Long story short, after about 30 minutes the kickstand breaks through the dirt, the bikes falls into the boat trailer and shatters the upper fairing at the left side mirror and scratches the rear cowling on both sides. I am about to die. I have never had a bike fall over like this before. I wanted to throw up. This bike is beautiful. Chrome frame, wheels, footpeg mounts etc. Worst part is Progressive won't cover it under comp. I am trying to fight them but I think it is an uphill battle.
I have not even ridden it other than a quick test drive at the sellers house. Here is a junky phone picture.
Anyway, I am an avid forum reader and use them as a great tool for learning.

Thanks for listening,
Fred

[IMG]local://upfiles/24910/D393B444FB0B49CBB861974F587CF9F2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Default RE: New dude from Texas

Sorry bout the luck, but it's something to learn from. We have a for sale section that I believe has a few 900 parts up. Check it out. It may be that you have to change the color or something. Broken mirrors and fairings don't mean you can't ride. You just have to be careful. Welcome.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:31 PM

Thanks. Already checking it out. Probably won't start buying anything until next week after I get with the insurance company again. I still have a small chance they will pay for the damage. I actually think I can fix the fairing and have it painted. It is broken right at the mirror mount where it is a solid yellow color. The sticker(purple) part is fine. Worst case is I buy a new fairing and windshield. I am definitely going to ride it before then. Probably tomorrow

Fred

Old 03-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi and welcome Fred!
Sorry 'bout the tip over, bike looks like a beauty

Old 03-25-2008, 12:39 PM

AWESOME NEWS! Progressive agreed to pay for damages. I'm stoked! $1645 worth of parts.
My only problem is figuring out the paint scheme. My color plate is not on the bike anymore because of the chromed frame. The parts websites show three different types for the 96 CBR900. When I go to the owners link on the honda website and put in my VIN it comes up "yellow" I was told this is a factory "smokin joe" paint scheme. at least the colors look like the F3's. Does anybody else have a 900 like this one?

Fred