New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Chicky

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chicky

Hi everyone, I'm Jen, I'm 21 from State College, PA (yeah..where that stupid penn state team is haha).

I'm a new rider who just became the adoptive mother of my friends 1996 CBR600 F3...he went away to the airforce.

The bike's previous owner had wrecked it a few times..so it doesnt look in top shape...but it runs good..and i figure it will be a good bike to learn on without worrying about ruining the paint haha...

any tips are gladly excepted...i have a good teacher and future riding buddy (has a 06 Kawi 636) so im excited

also...if you know of anywhere i can get fairings for cheap...hit me up i need pretty much the entire front end

thanks

Old 07-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Default RE: New Chicky

always good to see chicks on bikes ..its HOT!!!...lol, just take it easy and u will get good in no time and keep rubber side down and shiny side up

Old 07-16-2006, 09:30 PM

haha thanks for the tip and yeah..i've heard "its hot" when chicks are on bikes..and i agree..as long as they are riding..not just posing haha

Old 07-16-2006, 09:37 PM

pretty new to forum but , welcome....remember to practice hard even after you think you have got it under control...if you want proof read the 'newbie mistakes' posts...the smoother you get the more fun you can have...and yeah chicks on bikes are hot....when my wife rides my 900,...well....you know....

Old 07-16-2006, 10:09 PM

+1 to chicks on bikes! Any wisconsin girls out there that ride around the milwaukee area? Sorry don't mean to try to turn this into a personals website. =P haha

Mike

Old 07-16-2006, 10:30 PM

Welcome to the forum, you might try ebay on your fairing parts; dealers going to be the most expensive. Check around on line, you are bound to find what you need. +1000 on the chicks on bikes, IMO, just isn't enough of you guys out there. Its a great sport and one where being big and burly is more of a minus than a plus. Take your time getting to know your bike and developing your skill. Chicks on bikes with road rash, not so hot.....

Old 07-17-2006, 12:08 AM

thanks guys i got my first "lessons" in tonight in the neighborhood streets...definately feeling better about it...but i know not to get too confident cause thats when you start f*ing up.

i have a question also...i've noticed with this bike the steering..especially at low speeds...likes to kinda fight me...its nearly impossible for me to move the front tire if im not moving a good bit...and when i take off from a stop..it likes to kinda pull one way or the other...

is that normal for this bike? it has a leak in the right fork...i wasnt sure if maybe that has somethin to do with it...this bike has rearended a car before also..so the frame is fine..but the front end is kinda bent up...just wasnt sure if maybe its just how this bike is...or if its cause the front end damage?

Old 07-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome!! have fun and good luck

Old 07-17-2006, 03:18 AM
oNi

Grats on the learning to ride! Good luck with it and be safe! As for the pulling, can't answer ya there, I just finished my MSF class today and the little standard bike I rode didnt do the pull steering thing you did but I dunno bout an F3 tho, I'm about to buy a 95 f3 this week tho! So grats on being a fellow F3er!

Old 07-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the board! Always good to have more female riders. If the boyz around here start leg-humping just let me or Don know and we'll set 'em straight ...

I'm a little concerned that you might be riding an unsafe bike ... plastics are just decoration so no biggie but a leaky fork is not a good thing. Steering stem bearings could also be fried which would account for it taking off in one direction or the other. It could also make it steer hard (of course low air pressure in the front tire will give it a soggy feeling also). So before you sink any money in plastics I sincerely suggest you get the front end checked out.

Good luck!

Oh, don't forget to check out our ladies section.