New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New CBR owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CBR owner

Hey guys I just picked up a CBR600 F4i yesterday and I love it. Here are a few picks.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 AM

right on man! welcome to the forum!

Old 03-28-2010, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by needles
right on man! welcome to the forum!
Thanks man. I cant wait till I have all my gear and I can ride.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice, tuner! Welcome to the CBRF! So is this your first bike? Dam nice one if it is....
Hope you get your gear soon so you can ride. When you do, though, take it nice and slow...
If you have questions, let the F4i guys and gals know.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Nex

Very Nice! Wish mine was half as shiny right now Treat her right, and she'll do the same to you, ride safe

Old 03-28-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Very nice, tuner! Welcome to the CBRF! So is this your first bike? Dam nice one if it is....
Hope you get your gear soon so you can ride. When you do, though, take it nice and slow...
If you have questions, let the F4i guys and gals know.
Thanks. Yes its my first bike and I already feel it has a ton of power. I cant wait for the gear to come in. Thanks for the welcome.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nex
Very Nice! Wish mine was half as shiny right now Treat her right, and she'll do the same to you, ride safe
Thanks man. She'll be treated nice. She already got a waxing.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, welcome aboard. Looks like they're hitting you with the standard basics (gear, respect, ect). Couple things you might add to the list
  • MSF course
    Personal opinion is the course is so helpful, it should be required by the govt for all new riders. Some of the BRC will bore you, since it also targets riders who have only seen a motorcycle (seriously, they ask where the throttle is). But they teach things that all riders should know like countersteering, emergency braking and traversing obstacles.
  • Stands (at least rear stand)
    Rear stand is invaluable for bike maintenance. Especially the big ones like chain maintenance, oil changes and putting her up off her tires in the winter. You can get a cheap one that'll serve the purpose for around $40 from Harbor Freight. Our bikes don't use spools on the rear so get a non-spool version that lifts using pads on the swingarm.
  • Battery charger
    These aren't the beefy car batteries that can be frozen in a block of ice. In fact you can kill the battery pretty easy just by starting her. Battery charger is invaluable. Many times the first question people will ask when you have a problem is "Is the battery charged?".
  • Service manual
    You may not be big into wrenching the bike yourself. But the service manual will keep you informed so you don't drop it off at a stealership completely ignorant. Which is the same as handing the guy at the service counter some Vaseline and bending over in most shops. It'll also outline the maintence schedule so you know when to change the oil and such

Have fun

Old 03-28-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Hey, welcome aboard. Looks like they're hitting you with the standard basics (gear, respect, ect). Couple things you might add to the list
  • MSF course
    Personal opinion is the course is so helpful, it should be required by the govt for all new riders. Some of the BRC will bore you, since it also targets riders who have only seen a motorcycle (seriously, they ask where the throttle is). But they teach things that all riders should know like countersteering, emergency braking and traversing obstacles.
  • Stands (at least rear stand)
    Rear stand is invaluable for bike maintenance. Especially the big ones like chain maintenance, oil changes and putting her up off her tires in the winter. You can get a cheap one that'll serve the purpose for around $40 from Harbor Freight. Our bikes don't use spools on the rear so get a non-spool version that lifts using pads on the swingarm.
  • Battery charger
    These aren't the beefy car batteries that can be frozen in a block of ice. In fact you can kill the battery pretty easy just by starting her. Battery charger is invaluable. Many times the first question people will ask when you have a problem is "Is the battery charged?".
  • Service manual
    You may not be big into wrenching the bike yourself. But the service manual will keep you informed so you don't drop it off at a stealership completely ignorant. Which is the same as handing the guy at the service counter some Vaseline and bending over in most shops. It'll also outline the maintence schedule so you know when to change the oil and such
Have fun
Thanks for the info Kuroshio. My friend actually told me about the MSF course this morning and it sounds like something that I want to do. A stand would be great, I have always done all my maintanence work on all my cars and expect to do the same on this bike once I learn the in and outs. I recently picked up a battery tender and I have read half the manual already. LOL

Old 03-28-2010, 03:37 PM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums!

As far as the "to buy" list they are making for you, I got my stuff cheap!

1) There's a walmart motorcycle battery charger that works awesome for 20 bucks.
2) I got both my wheel stands online for 25 bucks each.
3) I downloaded my service manual for free... so keep your eyes open!
I guess paper wouldn't hurt, but I eat romin noodles all day...

EDIT: I just read your post... so just pretend like I did something productive
(and changed your life forever)

Get those stands, makes your life so much easier!

Quick Reply: New CBR owner