New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!

hey guys my name is Cameron, i just purchased a 96 CBR F3 for $350 bucks...and no its not totaled and yes its rideable!!! interesting story on me aquiring this bike, hope you enjoy it:

my uncle is the Cheif of Police in town about 35 minutes from where i live, he found this bike when someone tried to rob a pawn shop in town and their get-away vehicle was this bike...well turns out this bike was stolen! my uncle figures this out and contacts the owner who lives 19 hours away in Ohio and finds this out:

the guy who stole the bike got out of prison in June(of this year) and one of the first things he does is steal this 96 cbr f3 from the owner, hot wires it after FUBAR-ing the ignition and fuel cap and begins to ride it down here to southwest Virginia. he apparently wrecks the bike several times breaking the front brake lever off and bending the clutch lever forward like a hook. along with breaking the tail light off, and busting up the fairings, breaking part of the throttle handle, bending the rear brake pedal, and bending the shifter and the linkage.

NOW he gets down here and goes to rob he pawn shop...this bike, which has to be hotwired, is his get-away vehicle...so hes not very smart and obviously doest get away.
Well my uncle goes to get the bike and bring it back to the police station(hes got 2 bikes of his own, 2011 Harley superglide and a triumph cruiser) so hes just going to ride it back since the bike is just up the street at the sheriffs office. finally gets the bike started and it dies within a minute...IT WAS OUT OF GAS!!! the moron thief didnt even have enough gas to get away!!!!

turns out the the thief put a brand new rear tire on it, like the day before it seemed! it looked like it had less than 50 miles on it!!! haha THANKS MAN!!!

anyway my uncle contacts the rightful owner in ohio and the guy has had a rough year, was in a car wreck where his truck was burnt up, just now made it back to work, had his bike stolen, and his mom is sick in the hospital, and he tells my uncle that he can have the bike for $400 because he doesnt have the time or money to come get it. so my uncle takes the deal and tells me about this and lets me have it for $350 as a $50 christmas present!

ive already put 26 miles on this bike in my neighborhood alone haha. as i fix it im going to send pictures to the previous owner because he loved this bike and it was spotless when he had it and he wants to see it fixed back to new condition. hope yall enjoyed the story! ill try and post pictures of it

oh and im 20 years old and grew up with a dirtbike, and have transferred over to sportbikes this year. ive borrowed my buddys 04 yamaha r6several times and have also rode a 1994 Kawasaki Ninja ZX11 a few times. looking forward to using this forum for lots of info! thanks in advance guys!

Old 12-17-2011, 06:42 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

f3s are great bikes. come and check out our social group in quick links.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Cameron!

$350 & rideable?!? Wow!

That's quite the story. At least the previous owner got something out of it & knows what happened to it. Worked out great for you too! Sounds like a great uncle. ;-)

Old 12-17-2011, 07:26 PM

oh yea!!! great deal on my bike!!! my friends all have newer bikes but ive got the best deal, Traye has a 99 R1, Thomas has a 07 ZX10R, and Logan has an 04 R6 which ive rode several times. but yea long story to read but quite an interesting one! and yea my uncle hooked me up haha.

Attached Thumbnails New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-new-pics-my-bike-2017.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-new-pics-my-bike-2018.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-new-pics-my-bike-2022.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-new-pics-my-bike-2030.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-newer-bike-pics-001.jpg  

Old 12-17-2011, 07:31 PM

heres some more pics, the damage wasnt as bad as you would think for a $350 bike haha and bought a Fulmer helmet for $70 on sale. i had 4 people in my car and no room to sit it down and i was excited about my new helmet so i wore it on the way home in my car hahaha the looks i got.....

Attached Thumbnails New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-newer-bike-pics-010.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-newer-bike-pics-014.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-newer-bike-pics-016.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-newer-bike-pics-023.jpg  
Old 12-17-2011, 07:36 PM

some pics of it stripped down until i get new fairings

Attached Thumbnails New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-bike-without-fairings-025.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-bike-without-fairings-026.jpg  
Old 12-17-2011, 08:00 PM

heres a video link to a vid i made. the bike has a D&D slip on. and during the first flyby i mis-shift 2nd because the shifter linkage is bent and i didnt pull my foot up hard/far enough. i get it the 2nd time around :-)

96 CBR 600 f3 exhaust and flyby - YouTube

Old 12-17-2011, 08:55 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

looking at the plastics in the pics, where are the cracks. i think the bike looks great and for $350.... the only part i see is the rear. im sure you can just fix them.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:57 AM

The plastics look great in the pics, but in person they're worse. Ill try and take pics of the rough spots later after I get off work and post them. But yea great bike for $350!

Old 12-19-2011, 05:04 PM

heres some pics of the most damaged cosmetic parts in the bike

Attached Thumbnails New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-bike-fairing-damage-random-pics-184.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-bike-fairing-damage-random-pics-185.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-bike-fairing-damage-random-pics-186.jpg   New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!-bike-fairing-damage-random-pics-187.jpg  

Quick Reply: New CBR F3 owner from Virginia!