New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to CBR

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 01:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to CBR

I've wanted an CBR600 for quite a few years now, probably around 10-12. At the time I first saw them, the F4i was out and I always said I wanted a Honda CBR 600 F4i.

I started riding last year (with the MSF first) on a Ninja 250. While that was a fun bike and super simple to turn (think it and it happens), I felt it was a struggle as my commuter bike on the freeway. I didn't feel like I had the power I needed to drive safely. I know that sounds counter intuitive but I wanted to know I could get out of situations quickly if I needed to. I also thought that 9-11k rpms every day would quickly wear out the engine.

I started looking at 500 and 600 bikes and found a great deal on a 2001 600 f4i. It had 26k miles but looked brand new. In fact everyone I have shown it to thinks it is new. I looked the bike over, checked things out and it seemed to be good. The owner (at the time) had bought the bike a month before and said riding wasn't what he thought it would be. He said the bike and the experience scared the beejezus out of him so he just wanted to sell it. Yay for me. Other than basic maintenance the bike has been amazing.

Anyway, enough of rant for now. Thanks for listening and for the site

Old 03-15-2015, 05:35 AM
Welcome Crew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi and welcome, congratulations on the f4i, there is a good f4i following on here, make sure you get over to the f4i section to say hello, get some picks up of the bike (you can use photobucket or the like), enjoy your ride and be safe

Old 03-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! I hope the f4i is exactly what you're looking for in a bike. Post some pics when you get a chance.