New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New Canadian girl

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 03:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Canadian girl

Hi all,

Signed up last week, and just now getting around to introducing myself. My name's Mandy, and I ride an '05 00RR, Tribal. I took a safety course in May of this year, bought the bike a week later, and I'm LOVIN IT!!! I've wanted to ride for years, and I can't believe it actually took me this long to do it. I'm 25, work in oilfield sales, and I live in snowy, COLD, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I found the site just bombing around the net one night when I was bored. (Pretty crazy how much time I have on my hands now that I can't ride) We've already had a couple small dustings of snow here, and it's only gonna get worse. Avg daytime temps are about +5 C right now, will get down to -20/-30 during the winter. (not sure what that is if F, but it's freakin COLD goin down the hwy at 100 k/hr) My hat's off to anyone who rides when it's near or below freezing.

Site looks awesome, I'm looking forward to having some more Honda lovers to chat with and ask questions of. Being new to the sport, I have a lot of questions. I'm also a member of a local site here in Calgary,http://www.groundpilots.com that's awesome, but u can never have too many people to talk bikes with. (I think my non-riding friends are starting to get sick of me...lol)

Anyways, cheers to all my fellow Honda lovers.
Shiny side up!!

Mandy

P.S. Hope my avatar doesn't offend anyone, I thought it was cute.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:53 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New Canadian girl

Welcome to the board! Congrats on the RR -- sounds like you're liking it o.k. Make yourself a gallery and post up some pics when you get a chance.

We have a fledgling ladies forum just starting up so be sure to post in there and let 'em know all about yourself. And feel free to nominate and vote for CBR of the month.

Oh, the avatar is fine.

Old 11-14-2005, 06:47 AM
Retired Administrator

Welcome and the avatar is more than fine... one of the best ones I've seen so far. Post some pics of your bike and snowy, COLD, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:05 AM

Welcome in, theres plenty of peeps to talk too, the avatar is just fine and dandy!!!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:05 AM

Hi Mandy & welcome to the boards. As Chain said, the avatar is just fine. Don't worry about it. Definatly post up some pics of your bike when you get a chance. Also check out the new ladies forum on here when you get a chance. Sorry to hear about the weather up there. Our high yesterday here in FL was in the 70's

Old 11-14-2005, 12:12 PM

Hello & Welcome!! Make sure you check out the women's forum.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:34 PM

Welcome Mandy
I am from Edm, AB. I think you will like this forum its pretty cool and everyone is super friendly. Cant believe this weather? Stupid snow. I have the itch to get out riding already and its only Nov? oh well, at least this forum keeps me busy. Cant wait to see some pics. See ya around.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: arkas

Welcome Mandy
I am from Edm, AB. I think you will like this forum its pretty cool and everyone is super friendly. Cant believe this weather? Stupid snow. I have the itch to get out riding already and its only Nov? oh well, at least this forum keeps me busy. Cant wait to see some pics. See ya around.
Would ya look at that? Nice to know there's someone else on this board who will suffer through the Alberta winter with me. I actually only got transferred to Calgary last August; I lived in Edmonton for five years previous to that. We'll have to hook up for a ride next summer whenever I make it back up north. (Or when u make it down here)

Old 11-15-2005, 01:42 AM

Hey Mini Me...welcome....don't let them mess with ya about the Avatar...I'm from Oregon and know you have to keep moving to kep warm...Cold Weather Rider unite

Old 11-15-2005, 11:00 AM

Welcome

Quick Reply: New Canadian girl