New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to the Bike world

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Bike world

Hey how's it going?

I just picked up what's supposed to be a 2002 CBR 600. But looking at some of the members pictures, I'm starting to wonder what exactly the bike is. Either way I won't complain, I got the bike for next to nothing and all I need to do is replace part of the fairings. Any particular place I should look? This is the first bike I've EVER owned, and only the second I have ridden. Thanks for the help!

CJName:  750339c3.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  35.7 KB

Old 02-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Default RE: New to the Bike world

Welcome to the site She sure is a pretty one so i wouldn`t complain either. If you looking for stock panels the ronayers.com is a good place to look. Its A cbr 600RR you have there incase you didn`t know 2003 and on.

Old 02-19-2006, 12:28 PM

Thats a hell of a nice bike to learn how to ride on....You can check ebay for some use panels or if you wish to buy new ones try this site they should have what you need on here...http://mrcycles.com/ but there prices are around the same that any bike shop would charge....welcome to the site tho...plan on any mods or no?

Old 02-19-2006, 01:16 PM

welcome! very nice bike and yes... that's a 600rr (2003).

Old 02-19-2006, 02:08 PM

What makes you think it isnt a cbr 6oo?

Old 02-19-2006, 02:17 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Why would you question what the bike is?

Old 02-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

Welcome and great bike. Good one to start learning on too. Enjoy your stay.
LJ

Old 02-19-2006, 05:07 PM

Hey thanks for the replies guys. As far as mods, nah I probably won't do any other than cosmetic. I'm probably going to paint it like a charcoal metallic gray with some graphic, maybe some LEDs and a few other things. I'm more of a 4 wheel guy(as of right now, haha) so most of my money goes to my street car and racecar. The reason I wasn't sure exactly what it was from the angle of the picture, the bike looked slightly different than any of the other bikes I've seen on here. But hey, for $700 and some useless(to me) car parts, I won't complain! I get to pick up this beauty sometime this week, so I guess I will be seeing you guys more often.

Old 02-20-2006, 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: BlackDC5

Hey thanks for the replies guys. As far as mods, nah I probably won't do any other than cosmetic. I'm probably going to paint it like a charcoal metallic gray with some graphic, maybe some LEDs and a few other things. I'm more of a 4 wheel guy(as of right now, haha) so most of my money goes to my street car and racecar. The reason I wasn't sure exactly what it was from the angle of the picture, the bike looked slightly different than any of the other bikes I've seen on here. But hey, for $700 and some useless(to me) car parts, I won't complain! I get to pick up this beauty sometime this week, so I guess I will be seeing you guys more often.

Good luck & be careful...

Old 02-20-2006, 04:11 AM

Well, the guy decided to just now tell me that the frame might be bent. He said he was going to take apart the bike tonight and mic it to make sure it isn't. He said if it is, He'll sell me the entire bike(with engine/trans/sprockets) for around $175 minus the parts he's buying from me. He also said if I just want the engine/trans/ect that he will GIVE it to me. Opinions please.

Would you guys reccommend buying another frame and just rebuilding it?

If so, where can I get good used(yet cheap.. I'm on a budget) forks and a frame?

Or would I be better off just waiting and buying a bike? The rebuilding part seems more feasable to me because I LOVE building my own things(new to bikes.. but not to mechanics) and I would ASSUME that I could save quite a bit of money by rebuilding it myself. I'm not worried about having a salvaged title, 'cuz after I'm done with it, I'm giving it to my dad to drive back and forth to work.

A couple other things I found out about this bike is that it supposedly has an aluminum frame(not sure if thats just factory or...?) and that it's actually an '02 with '03 headlight assy. conversion.

Thanks again for the help guys.

CJ

Quick Reply: New to the Bike world