New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New to the Bike world!!

Old 05-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Bike world!!

Hey all. my name is brandon, turning 19 here in june and decided as a nice lil high school graduation/birthday gift, i would get my self a bike. i have been looking at 2001-2003 600f4i as a good starting street bike, or if i can find a 929/954 for a decent price, i may pick one of those up. i have ridden many dirtbikes (on the street, tho thats not really too good of an idea) and dual purpose bikes since i was about 12. i plan on taking a motorcycle training course just to be safe, and then take an advance course for that extra cushin. haha

im not new to forums and the whole sport vehicle world. lol. right now i drive a 2003 Mustang GT with a bit of work done to it (enough to buy me a bike if i didnt spend it. lol). it was a half/half deal with my parents when i was rearended with my first car. also i drive a 99 mercury sable when its not too nice outside. i inhereted that when my grandparents bought their new car.

welp, thats a lil background info on me, hope to learn more and get to know you guys a lil bit too. hopefully you guys are like one big family, just like me and my mustang family across the nation. lol

peace!

PS: preview pic of the stang

Old 05-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Banned
Default RE: New to the Bike world!!

You should be able to find a good deal on a F4i, alot of F4i guys are talking about the new RR and it more rider friendly ergos. For a first street bike, I kinda think a 929/954 would be a little much, but it is your choice. Be safe.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Retired Moderator

The F4i is a great choice, and I would encourage you to follow that route. You are going in the right direction with the MSF, and it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Good luck to you 'Stang. Keep us posted for sure! Welcome to the site.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:48 AM

Sounds like you got it all figured out. Get all your gear, start slow, and most importantly have fun!!! You'll love it!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 05-31-2007, 07:47 PM

thanks for the welcome guys. i already have some riding gear from when i rode with my uncle on his harley as a passenger. so i got the helmet, gloves, jacket already purchased. the helmet is just a basic black gloss with custom eagle heads with flames. it was a $$ paint job that my aunts brother in-law did for me.i will get a pic later.

the only person who is giving me a hard time is my mother who loves me so much (not beingsarcastic)that she doesnt think that it is a good idea to get a bike. gotta take baby steps.

reguardless of the obstical, i am going to take the courses for the experience and learn something new. i already took road racing and draging courses in the mustang, so why not take a motorcycle course to my plate. haha..

EDIT: o and i bet you guys are surprised that a 19 year old actualy has his head on his shoulder in this day and age. lol

Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 AM

I bet that Firebird in the pic won I'm a ford hater so if you say anything different I wont believe you anyway.

I'm not surprised that you have your head. I had mine at 19 too. Actually at 12. That makesus a bit more dangerous because you have talked yourself into believing that you are responsable.Responsability is different here. I'm now 31 and am glad that I was not allowed to get a bike at 19. Even though I was the exact same as you, I look back and just know that I would have shown off a lil bit. Why else would I have wanted the rocket and a TA?

I'm picking up my new 07 RR tomorrow. I have never rode or posted before. I have not posted here before because I already know what will be said. I know myself very well and have accepted the risk of what I'm about to do. When I was 19 I would have made the same choice, but the risk was not something I took as serious. Responsabilty is one thing, fear of death is another. Please do yourself a favor and start on a small motorcycle. I should as well.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:43 AM

Hi bud. Don't get anything bigger than an f4i for your first street bike! You will be blown away by the perfomance, and you will sell it in days if you look after it.
Welcome and good luck. be safe.

Old 06-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Banned

i bet you guys are surprised that a 19 year old actualy has his head on his shoulder in this day and age
There are a lot of 19 years olds with their head on straight. Many of them are dodging bullets in Iraq.

In all seriousness, if you are as mature and smart as you sound, you willsee thata 600 sportbike is so much more bike than any person needs on the road. Just because there are literbikes being produced, it doesn't really mean that they are not 'too much'. You will be amazed by a 600. good luck.

Old 06-03-2007, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

There are a lot of 19 years olds with their head on straight. Many of them are dodging bullets in Iraq.
that is so true

ORIGINAL: Drekkyk

I bet that Firebird in the pic won I'm a ford hater so if you say anything different I wont believe you anyway.
nope, that TA lost to me, i ran a 13.88 @ 100 and he ran a 14.33 @ ??? it was an auto lt1 and i have video to prove it too. just gotta find the dvd. lol

i have found an f4i that a dealer wants way to much for. im going to try to hagle them down a lot

http://www.colonialhyundaipa.com/
(view pre-owned inventory, click on the 03 cbr600f4i)

20000miles for 7000, im thinking more like 3500

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to the Bike world!!