New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New from AZ

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from AZ

Hello all! I've been wanting to get back to riding for years now, at least five. I've been telling my wife quite frequently that she should not be surprised whenIcome home with a new bike. Well, it happened. I found a 98 CBR Smokin Joe for... wait for it.. wait for it.. $700.00! I could not believe it and I just couldn't pass it up. The only problem with it is that it had a leak in the seam on the tank. Well, I had the seam soldered by a radiator shop then I sealed the tank with KBS. Everything is looking good, except for the fact that the previous owner had all the fairings, tank and other misc items removed from the bike. So I'm finding parts that are not familiar to me but I'll work it out, I'm sure with the help of a lot of you other riders out there! Anyway, just wanted to send a shoot out!

Here she is, mid-way being put back together.

Name:  Sexy_Bitch_Resize.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  99.2 KB

[IMG]local://upfiles/30663/EE15A8D9F31749DF9A4B670BE5F61BE5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-21-2008, 02:30 AM
Default RE: New from AZ

Welcome, I like those smokin joes. Where at in AZ?

Old 10-21-2008, 03:01 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the forums!! :-)

The bike sounds like a bargain thats about £350 right?? ... it must be worth that in parts alone ..

Good luck sorting it out and take care :-)

Jules

Old 10-21-2008, 04:49 AM
Banned

Man!!! Some of you new guys have really been getting the deals lately and it's really starting to **** me off!!! ... LOL. I'm taking all of you guys along when I haggle for my 1100XX sometime down the road.

I think I remember welcoming you before big John...but just in case... Welcome to CBRF!!! The Smokin Joe looks in great shape for that ridiculous price. Good luck piecing her back together again and give a shout if you need some help. Make sure you post up some pics when you are all done.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:43 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Geezus mate ..$700.00 bucks ! that's a real good buy ...
not a bad looking ride either ..she seems like she is in pretty good shape ?

I am sure some of the guys will set you straight regarding parts and things ...ect ...

nice pic too
Thanks, I'm happy to be aboard of a great board!

ORIGINAL: tomp

Welcome, I like those smokin joes. Where at in AZ?
I'm technically living in BFE Maricopa city, but I spend the majority of my time in Chandler / Tempe / Phoenix.

ORIGINAL: Juliet

Welcome to the forums!! :-)

The bike sounds like a bargain thats about £350 right?? ... it must be worth that in parts alone ..

Good luck sorting it out and take care :-)

Jules
It's about 528 Euro, one hellava deal!

ORIGINAL: eweppley

Man!!! Some of you new guys have really been getting the deals lately and it's really starting to **** me off!!! ... LOL. I'm taking all of you guys along when I haggle for my 1100XX sometime down the road.

I think I remember welcoming you before big John...but just in case... Welcome to CBRF!!! The Smokin Joe looks in great shape for that ridiculous price. Good luck piecing her back together again and give a shout if you need some help. Make sure you post up some pics when you are all done.
Thanks! I hope to have her started tomorrow afternoon. I'm currently working the overnights and I've got a big move ahead of me on Wednesday so I hope to get it done before that. I'm going to have to make room for some boxes in the garage, of course, if i just absolutely have to make some room, I'll send my wife to the couch and the boxes can remain on her half of the bed so my baby is subjected to the outside. LOL I take that back, she's was already pissed at me for showing up with a new toy!

Oh yeah, I need to change the "Smokin Hoes" back to "Smokin Joes" or my wife will never get off my back! LOL

Old 10-21-2008, 12:28 PM

hey and welcome to the forum, sweet bike and deal man!

Old 10-22-2008, 02:47 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bigjohnstud4200

Oh yeah, I need to change the "Smokin Hoes" back to "Smokin Joes" or my wife will never get off my back! LOL
I thought thats what it said!!! I almost commented on it...lol.