New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

New 2 U

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2 U

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I usually hang out on Cycle Forums with the handle TnBandito. I've been riding for about 20 years, my garage currently houses my 98 Bandit 1200 with many mods that has been my main ride for the last 8 years. I also have DRZ400 woods weapon and a 98 Harley Springer. What brought me here was I recently acquired an 01 F4i that had been crashed and partly repaired for $1500 and 14k miles on it. I'm building it back up to be my play/track day bike. So far Ebay has served me well as I've managed to get her streetable again for about 500 bucks more, including new tires. Took it to Deals Gap to shake her down back on Memorial weekend to see what I had...I'm very pleased. Now time for the upgrades to make her more track worthy to handle my 240lb gerth. I do wish I could sqeeze my Bandit motor in this thing, but the main reason I bought it was to help make me improve my corning skills to compensate for lack of brute power that I'm used to with my Bandit. Plus for whatI will have in it, if I make a mistake and lay her down, it won't hurt as bad as dropping my main love. I plan on going to the Ed Bargy Race School in September at Barber to learn some new skills, then going to as many track days as I can afford. I love doing all my own wrenching almost as much as riding. I work on other folks rides to help support my hobby, sickness, addiction or whatever you want to call it. Hopefully I will on occassion have some knowledgeI canshare to return the favor of what I've learned from this forum so far concerning this bike. And maybe get the chance to meet up with some of you in the future out in the hills of Tennessee.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:07 AM
Default RE: New 2 U

Hello and welcome!

Old 06-27-2007, 02:45 AM
Mad

Welcome to the site. I hear ya about the wrenching. It adds to the fun of having a bike.

Old 06-27-2007, 04:16 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 06-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi and welcome. Maybe you can share with us your biking experience with us...