New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

"New" 02 F4i owner

Old 04-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "New" 02 F4i owner

The bike isn't so new, though, I think I'll be content. Some rough details:

Live in Virginia Beach, VA. Picked the bike up for a steal (ran the VIN and re-ran the VIN, and registered it just fine, so far), it was that cheap.

I own a 99, bought it new, but, it's sat for a little while now, as a "project" (of which I have plenty of, maybe too many). I really didn't think I'd get back into riding, not now with two children and all.. but, the bug bit me again. It doesn't help seeing all your bikers on the road here every spring/summer either.. just to let you know, I threw you all under the bus to my wife, as the reason why I got another bike. You're welcome.

Have some inspection issues I have to work out on it though (for a VA inspection anyway). Lacking switch on the Pro Tek rearset brake. Smoked signals, fender eliminator with the integrated taillight/turn and flush mount smoke L/R fairing side signals. The chain could have been better kept as well, but eh. So an Xring and some sprockets will go in as well.

I don't know jack as far as anyone in the area. I'll be looking to get to know some people with any luck. That should cover it for now.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I thought I felt a bus drive over me...
Blame us all you want. It isn't the first time, and certainly wont be the last. We won't stop until everyone is on 2 wheels, making the world a better place.

Let us know if you need anything or have questions.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Welcome to the forum.

I thought I felt a bus drive over me...
Blame us all you want. It isn't the first time, and certainly wont be the last. We won't stop until everyone is on 2 wheels, making the world a better place.

Let us know if you need anything or have questions.

Appreciate the warm welcome. I'm after parts in a hurry like. Namely the ones I listed above, to get this thing inspected so that no more 80 degree days go to waste.

I'm sure some technical questions may pop up, fortunately though, I have quite a few years of Honda engine and engine rebuilding, tuning, etc. under my belt (Haltech, AEM EMS, Hondata, Chrome, Neptune, etc, etc.). Engine wise I'm pretty straight. It's suspension/frame where I'm most weak (not yet a firm grip on rake, trail, etc.) however, I'm working on improving that to fix my ignorance as we speak.

Having a heck of a time finding the classifieds though, that of course assuming the forums have them. So perhaps my navigation abilities here is the weakest link at the moment lol.

Again, thank you for the welcome. I look forward to participating where I can in the areas I'm knowledgeable, learning in the areas where I am not and overall being an asset and hopefully later a friend to those already here that have put in their time and paid their dues.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:58 AM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome

Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 AM
Default Hi

Welcome to the forum.
Congrats for your "New" 02 F4i

Old 04-10-2013, 07:18 AM

Appreciate it. Finally figured out why I didn't see the classifieds (at least for the F4i that I have). It appears that unregistered lurkers can see them, though registered users (at least of my subscription) cannot. At least I know I'm not going crazy and did indeed see the subforum existed.

Time to get searching and buying to get this girl street legal.

Old 04-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

welcome to CBRF!

Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 PM

Appreciate the warm welcomes.

Still looking for many of those pieces, but I have access now to the wanted forum, and just made my post there. Hopefully it's fruitful and I can get this bad boy inspected.

I ordered a 525 kit, RK Gold and stock 16/46 vortex sprockets (I plan to do a good bit of highway traveling -- despite what my lower back would like), Galfer SS brake lines (I just prefer SS lines on all my projects for the added durability), some Shogun frame sliders (not the most popular but eh) and front/rear pads.

This bike came with another set of plastics and windshield, so I'm going to have my pops paint up the second set (nice to have an autobody man in the family) with some funky design, once I settle on one. Still deciding if I want to get another tank or not to know my limitations or rather, so I know if I have any limitations or not (only have the stock red/black scheme tank atm).

Seems when I moved to VA from FL, they didn't bother to pass along my M endorsement. And the drivers record reconstruction proved a bust (got M classed back in 1995). Sooo, looks like I'll be doing the 30 days (minimum requirement here) on a learners permit, which I have to do under the 'supervision' of an M classed rider. That doesn't bother me much at all, just wish I knew some around here that rode. I had planned to rid alongside my pops up in PA and a buddy of mine 3 hours away in western part of VA. Looks like I'll be getting something to trailer the bike with sooner than I thought I would.

I'm eyeballing the SMC-600R, anyone running one by chance? I think my Cummins 2500 shouldn't have much issue with it.

Things are coming along though. Found a reputable shop in the area, their prices seem fair (for the things that I wont want to do, at least initially), so that's always a plus as well.

Wish me luck, hope to have her on the road (street legal like) by the end of this week.. it's been real nice weather lately, but the pollen is killing me, so I probably wouldn't have gone out riding anyway. Thankfully.. it's killer to see all the riders out on a damn nice day.