New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

My first bike, 07 cbr600rr

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first bike, 07 cbr600rr

hi everyone, im looking forward to my first bike that i plan on buying in the next couple of days. its a 07' cbr600rr with 7100 miles. it has a two brothers pipe and a power commander I. it also has a couple aesthetic mods. Just curious, what are some common things that go wrong with this bike? thanks.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Banned
Default RE: My first bike, 07 cbr600rr

Just curious, what are some common things that go wrong with this bike? thanks.
The bike is bulletproof. Usually the rider crashes them before they get too old and things break. Welcome to the site.

Old 02-21-2008, 03:44 AM

welcome to the CBR Forum. The one thing that can go wrong is inexperience. As you were saying this is your first bike. It is a modified 600cc race bike with a power commander, with an after market muffler. Be very carefull out there. I have personally seen and heard alot of my mate having tragic accident with their bike all because of inexperience. As they say, in life you must first crawl before you can walk. A really got tip would be practice, practice and more practice with throttle and gear changing, because you do not won't to be bunny hopping while changing gears. Another thing that can go wrong might be that the previous ower might have thrashed the crap out of it. Before you buy test ride it and get a full inspection done. I have an 07 cbr 600rr and I have not had a problem since. They are the perfect trouble free bike. Just be very carefull out there as there are alot of **** driver who do not care much about motorbike riders.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:54 AM

You're going to do what you want, but I'll tell you what many responsible riders will tell you. Start on something a little older and less potent. You're thinking you can just hop on this thing and be kosher, but that's like saying "I can hop in a Formula 1 car and drive like Schumacher." At least invest in a lot of gear and the MSF basic rider course so you can get some fundamentals. You should also take at least 3 weeks of riding around off public roads (a neighborhood, parking lot) to get the feel for her. You'll be back on here parting out a wreck if you buy that bike and don't listen to the advice about the MSF, practice, and taking your time. If you don't listen about the gear, you may not come back at all.

Welcome to the site.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Banned

You should also take at least 3 weeks of riding around off public roads (a neighborhood, parking lot) to get the feel for her. You'll be back on here parting out a wreck if you buy that bike and don't listen to the advice about the MSF, practice, and taking your time. If you don't listen about the gear, you may not come back at all.
Well said.

Does anyone think there should be a 'before you buy your first bike read this thread'. It seems like too many people are being sold a bill of goods by salesmen that a new 600cc is appropriate for a noob. Many of us have done it, but most us know now know how risky/dangerous it really is.

Maybe that would serve the sportbike community better than a a bunch of 'that sucks you crashed' or 'RIP Fellow rider' or even 'what oil to use'.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:39 AM

Welcome to site! Great bike!

The engine/trans are bullet proof. The windscreen sometimes rattles at the base but that normal for the '07s(easy fix).

That is a lot of bike for your first bike, please take your time and respect the bike. There have been countless postof "Hey i just bought an '07" week later "Hey does anyone have replacement fairings/pride for my '07" or "I wrote off my '07 yesterday to insurance."

Invest into quality gear for yourself and the bike.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:53 AM

Does anyone think there should be a 'before you buy your first bike read this thread'. It seems like too many people are being sold a bill of goods by salesmen that a new 600cc is appropriate for a noob. Many of us have done it, but most us know now know how risky/dangerous it really is.
This is very true. When I purchased my bike, not one sales person(managers) included did not say one thing about how these bikes aren't good for a noob. They are justworried about thesale.Graduated licensing would be an excellent idea for the States to implement.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:19 AM

thanks for the response, i do agree with everyone that a 600cc bike is fast for a beginner, i've ridden a 250 before and it seemed like something i would get sick of real quick. i know its a lousy excuse, but its the truth.

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

You should also take at least 3 weeks of riding around off public roads (a neighborhood, parking lot) to get the feel for her. You'll be back on here parting out a wreck if you buy that bike and don't listen to the advice about the MSF, practice, and taking your time. If you don't listen about the gear, you may not come back at all.

Welcome to the site.
Agreed, i didnt plan on taking it on the road until a good week of practicing in a local parking lot. I know alot of people who buy sportsbikes, and without a permit or license, hit the freeway like theres no tomorrow. My base has a MSF beginners course for free so i will definitely enroll for that asap. thanks again for the help!

Old 02-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned

One last thing, I have let alot people ride my bike, probablyalot of the people on here would let a good friend with a few years of motorcycle experienceride their bike. But would anyone ever let a person with 3 days experience in a parking lot let them get near their bike, let alone ride it? That is what everyone needs to think about when they say that a 600 is a good starter bike.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is prob going to get off topic of the original post, lol....

i dont see the big deal w/ starting on a 600. maybe b/c the F4i's are a little less potent than the RR's..? i even bought a bike 2yrs aftertaking the MSF class. maybe i just rode w/ some sense (like to think i still do). i've made it 10 months and 19k miles on my very first bike and a 600. im even riding it through the MD winter. i think a rider could get on a 1k and make it fine for their 1st bike (i know 2 that have done just that) aslong as they completely respect it and understand they will never master that machine. i'll admit i've "cutup" on mine a few times but the bike was right there to bitch slap me back into place and i feel i know that bike quite well thus far.

Quick Reply: My first bike, 07 cbr600rr