New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

My 2nd Bike... 04 F4i!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2nd Bike... 04 F4i!!!!

Hey everybody!!! Been 2yrs since I had my 1st bike, a 95 YZF600R(RIP 9/22/06) and today just picked up a beautiful '04 F4i w/ only 2276 miles on it. Paid $5500 and included a cover, tank bag and spankin new Arai helmet... while I know "gear" shouldn't be factored in to price, I did get about $500 worth. Great since it's been broken in, but still has plenty of mileage that will be put on... BY ME!!!!

Now as far as riding gear since I have the following already from the previous bike... Joe Rocket textile jacket w/ matching pants, HJC 15 Helmet, Icon Field-Gear(back protector, looks like a bullet-proof vest), leather riding gloves(not sure on brand... have for cold weather riding), and an extra textile jacket, back protector, and knee/shin guards for wearing over/under jeans... pretty much stuff for my fiancee when she rides w/ me.... I guess what I need now are some riding boots and hard-padded gloves and of course one day 1-pc riding suit and/or full-leathers for when I decide to get it out to the track.

Now before I can ride it daily as I plan(unless we get another Chicago March Snowstorm ) time for insurance, plate x-fer, and title x-fer

I'm also on sportbikes.net and 3si.org(3000gt/Stealth forums... for my "cage")

Looking forward to learning a lot about this machine... so far I have read a lil' about the CCT issue, anything else I should be aware of? I did buy a Honda b/c it's... well... a HONDA and synonymous with reliable... but like all bikes... will need basic routine maintenance(tires every 5k, oil 3-5k, chain/sprockets 10k???, etc) especially since I plan on putting a LOT of miles on it!!!

So without further ado, pics....

SIDE VIEW 1

SIDE VIEW 2

BLURRY PIC OF ALL THE TOYS... VR4, F4I, AND CANNONDALE

LOW MILEAGE

Old 03-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: My 2nd Bike... 04 F4i!!!!

Awesome bro... CONGRATS on the new bike!! She's a beauty! And[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forum!

Bike looks great.... you'll love the F4i, I promise If you're looking for something drop dead reliable that you'll be able to rack up alot of miles on, you definitely picked the right bike (see sig, lol). Enjoy the new ride and be safe!

PS what part of Chicago are you from? I used to live in the suburbs myself.... Glen Ellyn and then Lombard for a lil bit. There's a few other members on here in Chicago too

Old 03-30-2008, 01:06 AM

haha youre running out of gas..

good lookin bike..welcome!

Old 03-30-2008, 01:44 AM

thirdgen- i'm from Palatine, but used to hang out a lot in DG... btw how much have you invested in tires after 121k??? Any major work needed to be done or just went through a few chains, sprockets, valve adjustments, etc....

jdschmidt- yea I noticed that after I got it home, thankfully I got it filled b4 the bars on the reserve went to 0

it takes a lil' getting used to not having to play "odometer watch" on the tank, since the YZF had a short on the fuel light and it was always on so I pretty much had to reset the trip odo every fill

Old 03-30-2008, 01:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the chain n sprockets will go way further than 10k lol. Nice bike n congrats, enjoy er.