New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Me and a TDM!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me and a TDM!!

Hey guys,

First of, Greetings to everybody as this is my first post on this forum and as i see so many helpful people around i wanted to share my problem and my plan for the future.

Actually i will be able to ride by the end of this year and own a bike ...a CBR 600rr .. the problem is that i have no experience with motorcycles and i will kinda have to wait more to buy and ride that machine...

The good part is that now my father has no kids around his feet and worrying too much about em he is thinking of buying a Yamaha TDM 900 to tour a bit and visit some places.. and he found that one of his mates is selling one so he might gonna get it!!

Now I'd like to know if i can use that TDM(yes father will have to wait more to have his own-own bike )to gain experience and develop my skills. I know very good that this is a honda forum but has anyone started on a TDM or know if it is ok to start on that bike?

Edit: If you need any info about me or anythin else go ahead.

Old 05-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Default RE: Me and a TDM!!

Any opinions about starting on such bike ??

Old 05-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

1st welcome 2ndly any bike wether it be dirt,track or street will help in giving you the essentials but every machine is different. no to mention wanting a 600RR as a 1st bike is a lil over ambitous. id say start on a older 600 like an f3 . they are usually pretty cheap and offer a great learning platform. i had 2 of them before i stepped it up to a 900rr then now a 929rr .

i dont have any experience with a TDM but any bike will help but you might have to learn it all over again for your 600rr. i highly suggest taking a basic riders course to get you experienced with the basics.

good luck to you and ride safe

Old 05-18-2007, 07:02 PM

I totally agree with HAVOC. 600RR as a first bike is really ambitious...those are race replicas, meaning they are light and more agressive. I have been riding on street for about 3 years on bikes upto 350cc and just moved to a 600.
Test rode a 600F4i and an F3 and went with the F3 as it felt a little subdued than the F4i. The RRs are a totally different league. And the F3 itself is a lot of fun if you are new to riding...you won't believe how much potential it has.
Though frankly, doesn't matter how much potential your bike has. You need to know your own limitations and ride within them and you will be able to stay safe and enjoy the riding experience

And yes...do take the basic riders course. Good luck.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:11 PM

Thanks both of you for your advice and your time

I will try to consider everything you told to me..

And i find the F4i a sick bike for sure...it is just i love that 600rr and yes it is a bit *cough* ambitious.

Anyway. so you think that it is ok to start on an 900street bike

Old 05-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i had 2 f3's (600cc) before i got my 900rr. if i wouldve started right out on the 9 i think i wouldve killed myself lol the f3 taught me to be a better rider. i learned alot from that bike so i could later appreciate the 900 even more.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:28 PM

I guess i have to search a bit more and see if anyone has succesfully started on that TDM

The thing is that is very convenient for me that father is getting that bike..and i can use it for a year and then he takes it so i dont have to take a smaller one to learn on and then sell it but i guess in the end that's what will happen.

Old 05-19-2007, 04:39 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Take the msf course.....