New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Looking for a bike!

Old 04-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a bike!

Hey guys, new to the forums and trying to decide what kind of bike I want. First time rider here. I used to ride ATVs when I was a kid, so I at least have the clutch part down...

Obviously you all are going to be partial to the Hondas, but what type other bikes compare a 600 CBR? I'm not too knowledgeable about bikes, and want to learn as much as I can before I buy one. I'm looking to buy used.... The cheaper the better!

TIA for the help.

Andy

Old 04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Default RE: Looking for a bike!

ORIGINAL: Grewe02

Hey guys, new to the forums and trying to decide what kind of bike I want. First time rider here. I used to ride ATVs when I was a kid, so I at least have the clutch part down...

Obviously you all are going to be partial to the Hondas, but what type other bikes compare a 600 CBR? I'm not too knowledgeable about bikes, and want to learn as much as I can before I buy one. I'm looking to buy used.... The cheaper the better!

TIA for the help.

Andy
Hello and welcome to the site , ok let's see what bikes are comparable to a honda cbr. How about Suzuki gsxr 600 or Ninja zx6 or how about Yamaha r6. As for finding a cheaper supersport bikes get ready to spend at least $5000-6000 for a old used bike. I think you need to do some more research on what kind ofbike you want. I bought a 2007 Honda CBR 600RR only because it was named bike of the year for the 600 cc's class. I have gone with what ever was the best at the time not the name. I am sure you will find one that will best suit you good luck.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 PM

Thanks for the quick response! I Google'd 2003 sportbike of the year, and saw that the GSX-R 1000 was ranked first with the CBR 600 RR in a close second. That makes me happy!

I think since I don't know crap about sportbikes yet, I'm basing all of my "likes" on looks. I really like how the muffler is under the seat on the RR. Looks very clean, uniform, and symetrical. I like that.

I also think the main reason I started looking at Hondas is because of the name. Honda has been around forever in the bike industry. They've got to be doing something right!

Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 PM

Yes honda has been around for cars and motorcyclessame goes with other vendors out there as I mention. I did some research on what bikes has the best performance at the time for 2007600cc supersport bikes honda came in 1st place. I had my heart set on a 2007suzuki gsxr 600 not only are they not that bad as far as performance but most of all the seat height on the gixxer is 31.9 vs honda cbr 600rr seat height at 32.3 I am 5.5ft tall so the lower the seating the better for me. I sacrifice seat height for better performance in my case.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:27 AM
Retired Moderator

Grew, welcome to the site. As a first time rider, you need to stay away from a 1000 cc bike!!! I considered the Yamaha YZF600R for my first bike, because it was about a $1000 dollars cheaper than the Honda (new), had very comfy ergos, and Yamaha makes a great bike. I always make a pitch for the F4i...great firkin' bike!!! Any one of the big four (imo: Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki), is a great choice. You may want to consider a 250 or 500 Ninja...great starter bikes!

Old 04-26-2007, 07:16 PM

nothing compares to a CBR 600 if you ride anything else your missing out.........PM me i have a secondary F2 for sale in OH

Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

welcome ! hope we can help you so that you can learn to help yourself. now that i said hat there is no reason for you to have to spend 4k-5k to have a good used bike ! my 1st bike was a 97 cbr 600 f3 , great bike couldnt of asked for something better or easier to learn on. my 2nd was a 98 cbr 600 f3 that i bought for 1,000 ! and i only need to put about less then 500 into (reg,new stator,battery and regulator) a good condition f3 you can usualy pick up for
around 2500 +/- ..

Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Sit on a few and find what is comfy...

Old 04-27-2007, 07:21 PM

Thanks for all the responses, guys! I think I might go looking tomorrow, as long as it doesn't rain. Who knows! Maybe I'll be posting pics of my new bike tomorrow!

Search this Thread