New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

longtime honda fan

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default longtime honda fan

Hey everyone,
I dont have a bike just yet but i know for a fact that im going to buy a Honda.Im having trouble deciding on which one to buy.I really like the '07 600RR but how good is it with stunts.Also is it true that the F4i is a really good bike to learn stunts on.Very confused at which to buy but i think if the 600RR is good for stunts then i definately want that one.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Default RE: longtime honda fan

Hello & Welcome!!

It really depends on your riding style. The RR is more aggresive and the F4i is more sport touring....tell us which you like better...

Old 06-09-2007, 03:06 PM

Sounds like i'll be going with the 600rr.Thanks for your help.Btw which part of jersey are you from?I used to live 15 minutes from seaside.I cant wait to move back to good ole Jersey.

Old 06-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Retired Moderator

Chao...welcome to the site. Have you ridden a street bike before? Please learn the fundamentals before you start stunting. It is the equivelant to learning to walk before you run...good luck !

Old 06-10-2007, 03:08 AM

Hello and welcome to the site. And +1 to voodoo, you need to learn the basics first! If you already have be careful stunting on the new bike. They are too amazing to wreck!

Old 06-10-2007, 12:12 PM

Yes they are very amazing bikes.

voodoo, Ive never owned anything with 2 wheels before but ive had 3 wheels.I plan on learning a lot before i pull my first wheelie like this stuff here i think is very good info http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=35712

One of my friends had an old suzuki 750 he let me ride once.It was pretty easy but it would take some getting used to.I guess the really low tire pressure didnt help any though.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:46 PM

3 wheels is very different than 2. And I wouldn't buy something brand new to take it out and stunt it, especially with being fairly inexperienced. One of the reasons I don't try any of that with my bike, even though it's 6 years old, is that I don't want to pay for damages (to the bike or myself). My advice would be to learn a lot first and try buying a used bike if stunting is your main concern.

Old 06-10-2007, 07:10 PM

I was thinking about getting the cbr600rr to cruise around on and then getting something older to mess around with later on down the road.Thanks for the good advice.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:12 AM
Default longtime honda fan

if you gonna stunt, get a used cheap bike to learn, but learn the basic riding first, at least for the first 3000-5000 miles, then learn how to stunt,I was a stunter once. I used to own a 01 f4i, 02 gixxer 750and stunted like crazy, i totaled thef4i, sold mygixxerand stopped riding for 3 years. i just got 929RRi dida wheelie on the firstday, and never stunt again. Trying tostuntand destroy a multi-thousand dollar sportbike is pretty lame

Old 06-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Banned

I was thinking about getting the cbr600rr to cruise around on and then getting something older to mess around with later on down the road.
Great idea, but reverse the timing. The new 600 is very doable for a noob, but it sounds like you will want to really push your learning curve. Nobody here is bashing you, but everyone crashes their bike. Most of the time it is something dopey when you are a noob. Get an older F4 or f3, and learn for a while (at least a couple of thousand miles). Get a cage and for it and then get your new RR. If you have the kind of money to be talking about two bikes then this may be the way to go. Learn to stunt the caged bike and keep your RR nice at the same time.

Quick Reply: longtime honda fan