CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   lady riders? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/lady-riders-9659/)

jimmy2blazer 04-26-2006 02:26 PM

RE: lady riders?

digging up my old thread here, but an update:

im taking the MSF course this weekend! and all your advice has paid off- ive been shopping around for a ninja 250- i live on ebay,haha.
hopefully by the end of the summer ill be the proud owner of SOMETHING! if everything goes well during my course ill be purchasing a helmet next week.
im really excited about!
i did find something on my searches i wish was available here in the U.S. anyone ever heard of a cbr 250?! i wish!

slolane 04-26-2006 02:31 PM

Welcome! Nice truck too, thx for the pix.

jimmy2blazer 05-02-2006 12:55 AM

i passed the MSF in the rain. it rained on us all weekend. im sure i got some good experience though. itll definitely pay off.

Sparky 05-02-2006 06:10 PM

Getting a bike that won't punish you too bad for early mistakes is a very good idea. Maybe a Rebel or if you can handle it, a SV650 (although as a die-hard Honda fan, it's tough to advocate another brand). The most important thing is to ride within your limits. I'm sure you heard alot of that from the MSF. Welcome to the site and good luck getting started.

NeoTerror 05-02-2006 11:22 PM

Well Im a nub too and I trained on a 250cc for 2 days then switched to a CBR600F4i...I think if you ride safe you'll be fine and the most improtant thing is to get the lean...if you don't lean you'll be like me....falling down on a freeway off ramp...LOL

Oh ya the higher the speed the lower you should duck into your wind shield. You should also be aware when you turn you head at high speed to check for traffic you'll get bitch slapped by the wind....LOL

Proeve 05-02-2006 11:58 PM

lol he said a Rebel, /me falls to the floor laughing, I have 2 peeps in my sub, and they ride Rebels. they are just funny looking.. but yea good starters bike, and cheap too.

CBRFREEK 05-03-2006 01:01 AM

And as always ride within your limits..anyone can go 100 but ya have to stop eventually....LOL..take a course and then see if you really like it.

CBRchica 05-03-2006 10:36 AM

i don't think the rr will be to much for you to handle, but it really depends on what you are comfortable with. If you start with something to smaller, it won't be long before you want to upgrade. my first bike was a ninja ex500, when i upgraded to the F4, i was so much happier and it would have been perfect as a first bike. you can control how much of the power you use, just take it easy at first and u'll be fine

Martine 05-04-2006 02:09 AM

Hello,

I am a biker girl also, I have been riding for over 4 years now. I also teach basic and experienced motorcycle riding classes. If you have never riden before and are just starting out a CBR 600 has a lot of power and I wouldn't recommend it for a starter bike. I also really liked the CBR's when I started riding but the power of the 600 can surprise you and might put you in danger. What you want for a starter bike is something that you can develop your skills; starting, stopping, turning, and slow menuvers. For my first bike I bought a used Suzuki GS500. It was a great starter bike, it helped me progress my skills quickly and was not intimidating. I rode about every day so after 7 months I started looking at other bikes and took my husbands bike (Suzuki SV650). I now ride a Honda VFR 800 and Honda CBR 1000RR. If you do start with a CBR 600 I would suggest taking it to a parking lot and practicing the skills you learned in the basic riding course on your new bike. Sportbike have a lot of power and take a lot of clutch and throttle control.

Be safe :)

jimmy2blazer 04-27-2008 03:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yet again digging this up for an update. im not exactly a new member anymore, BUT i am now a new CBR owner! After riding a Honda VTR 250 for a year and a half ive finally upgraded to a 94 CBR 600 F2. It's not super slick, some cracks here and there, but im still not a professional so i don't mind em. My plans for now include a fender eliminator, frame sliders, and maybe some new bar ends. I also have a long list of new gear for cooler riding. Oh and a new back tire!
Theres a pic in the F2 forum, but I'll share here also.

Attachment 73052