New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Just got my first F2

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my first F2

Hey everyone, new owner here from Tampa, FL.

Little backstory on me, Im 23 years old, been riding for about 4 years now on and off and finally got to the point where I couldn't afford insurance for a car because of my age and resorted to a bike full time.

I've been through a few bikes over the years, started out on my dad's BMW R1100RT and R1200RT, rode a K1200RR for a while, then got my own Honda NightHawk 250. Finally had enough of not being able to do much with the 250 and sold it, turned around and found pretty much a steal for a 1994 CBR600SuperSport.

She's beat up, ugly, and leaks a bit, but she's mine, and when I've gotten around to giving her a bit of throttle on a straight she's taken off without hesitation.

She needs a lot of work:

It's been lowered (which I frigging HATE) and I don't have the jack to lift it again at the moment. It's already caused me to crash once not even 24 hours after I got it. Took a slow (20 MPH) left hand turn coming in to my neighborhood, went over a tiny bump in the road that never gave me trouble before on any bike I've managed to go over it with, and the front wheel went right out from under me and I went down.

Fairings are beat up, and are this completely disgusting John Deere Yellow color that I cant wait to get rid of.

Stator case was sealed with that form a gasket crap and its now leaking oil at a slow rate when cold.

Guy bought really cheap tires and left them sitting for a while, so they're really hard now.

Has a glassback car exhaust on it. Yeah, its loud, but its probably TOO loud, and its ugly.

Grips (including throttle) were cut off and zip tied back on so now its constantly stuck where I put it until I put it back to off.

Radiator fan isn't attached to the thermostat so I have a switch to hit when I start it up to make the fan stay on.

Bike also runs lean and needs the clutch basket aligned or replaced, its bumping when Im in neutral with the clutch out.

Ill probably post pictures later, but for now, thats pretty much it.

If anyone has advice on these problems I'd love to hear it!

-O

Old 07-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the CBRForum Oblix. You've already got a wide range of experience in your riding w/ those dif bikes!

Sounds like you've got quite the project on your hands. Good to hear that you are bringing it back where it needs to be though. Be sure to post your specific questions in the appropriate section. Hopefully, you'll get quick useful answers to help you make repairs & mods.

Look forward to seeing what you have to work w/.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

Old 07-07-2011, 04:58 PM

Well this is the place to be if you're looking for help on getting her in tip top shape!

Welcome to the forum - lets see those pictures too