New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Just got my first bike!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my first bike!

Hey guys my name is Sam I am 20. I live in Seattle, WA. I run a small business with my brother refinishing aluminum alloy wheels. I am also in college.

I have always wanted a bike but never saw actually having one as a reality until last week. I realized that if I did some finnagglin' I could get an old bike with the bare minimum insurance. After wheelin' and dealin' this last week I ended up with an '87 CBR 600F.

As you can see it is a bit beat up. Its missing those two main fairings on the sides and the ones that are actually there are rattle canned matte white and a little busted up. The good news is the bike runs great. However to get it to be safe there are a few things I need to get: chain, rear tire, new ignition console and rearview mirrors. Anybody got any advice for me on where to start looking for those pieces? I'm on a tight budget so I'm gonna be putting this thing together over time. Luckily I can paint. So i've got good plans for the body in a couple months here. Anyways can't think of anything thing else at the moment just trying to figure out where to get good deals on those parts I mentioned.

Last edited by mambasrgood; 04-16-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 PM

welcome to cbrf, and for parts, if you are going to mount your own tires you can shop around on the net, and get some good deals, I just google local shops and go with the better deal. Other parts you can check on ebay but be careful of what you buy from there, some stuff is just cheap crap that's not worth your life to save a buck.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 PM

Welcome to the family!! Congrats on your new ride...Best bet is to just check online for the parts you need and shop around. You should be able to find some good deals. Maybe try craiglist or some local forums for parts for sale. If you have anything specific maybe start a thread on here looking to see if anyone has what you need. Anyways welcome to the site!!

If you get a chance, go vote for my bike in the April Ride of the Month poll. I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-month...1/#post1150569

Old 04-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Sam!

Congrats on your finnagglin'! ;-)

Don't know if parts for that yr are still avail from them but you can check oem, bikebandit, ronayers, servicehonda. Good luck finding what you need.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:55 PM

Putting together a bike makes it all the more unique. I've done it once my self and it is very rewarding. I found that craigslist was my best friend when looking for parts for my bike! Good luck and cant wait to see!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:51 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome....and enjoy!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:31 AM

Welcome to the forum!