New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Just bought my first motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by recniabsal
I've never posted pictures on a forum before so give me a little bit while I doodle and experiment on my computer.
You have to either upload them to a host site, such as photobucket.com (free service), or upload them as an attachment to your message. While you are composing a message click on the little paperclip icon to upload an attachment.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly like Jeff said. I use photobucket. its pretty easy. Even gives you the [IMG] code line.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:27 PM

hey, im in the same boat as you. just bought my first bike a few weeks ago and cant ride it due to the northeastern winter wonderland.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:53 PM

congrats on the bike. Always anticipate what the dumbest thing the cars around you will do next and you will never be dissapointed, feel free to scream at the top of yor voice at the fact they have nearly put you and your bike in need of urgent repair,

Old 02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF. i use photobucket and its easy and quick. than just copy and past to here. make sure you use [img] at the bigining of the photo url and [/img] at the end....no spaces. be safe out there. ride smart.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Old 02-12-2011, 12:54 PM

Here it is!!! You'll notice in the 2nd and third picture that I used some plastic weld from Auto Zone to weld the upper fairing back together. When I bought it, no mirrors, upper fairing was in 2 peices, and there was duct tape all over holding it together. But when I tested it, mechanically it checked out. So I bought it for 1500 bucks with 25000 miles on it. Just waiting in the mail for the windscreen. Its coming from china so its gonna be a minute. Btw I reside in West Jordan, Utah. And I've never lived anywhere else but people not from Utah say Utah drivers are absolutely nuts. So I'm going to pay lots of attention at all times. I got some buddies with bikes and they're gonna help me learn how to ride properly and safely. Those mirrors are new, and I'm also waiting on the rearsets cause one was broken and the other was bent. Overall I am anything but dissappointed in my bike.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:13 PM

I'm new to the forum, so I won't say much welcome from the forum. But, I will say welcome to the world of two wheels. 4 wheels move the body. 2 wheels move the soul.

I think I am the third to say to take a safety course. Well worth it. Also things to think of before jumping on the motorcycle life.

I say there are three kinds of riders in the world. Those that have crashed, those that will crash, and those that are going to crash multiple times and hurt others because they are clowns.

Ride every day not just like the drivers around you are stupid. Don't even give them that much credit. Ride every day like they are actually trying to maliciously kill you. Control the situation, stay out of blind spots, and just assume the people around you are going to pick the most retarded option in their bag of safe driving choices.

Just because that's a 600cc bike does not make it slow. You have a machine that is faster than probably 95% of the factory cars on the road in America. It's easy to have it get away from you. Respect the machine. =)

Make sure to keep on top of motorcycle maintenance. Small problems like flat tires in a car are just that. Not usually a big deal. But, the front tire on a motorcycle can end you.

Now if I haven't scared you away, congrats. You can be one of the elite people in the USA that actually ride a motorcycle for something other than the image. It's a beautiful life.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:25 AM

Gear is important ..no shorts or short sleeves...I slipped today due to dirt in the street n bad tires n if I woulda had short sleeves I woulda had some burns

Old 02-13-2011, 11:26 AM

Yeah, I was up in Flagstaff a few weeks ago ridin around with ice and snow. I finally took my first spill on a street bike. Only going about 10 miles an hour, and I was still very happy that I had my gear on. Only thing that was hurt bad was my pride. haha

Quick Reply: Just bought my first motorcycle