New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Jersey Drivers = BAD

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jersey Drivers = BAD

[sm=sigh.gif]Hey guys, just joined the forum, since i just recently bought my brand new 06 cbr 1000RR in blue and yellow, and let me tell you i looove the bike.. unfortunately my ride last night was cut short by an elderly man... ive not even finished breaking the bike in, barely 300 miles on it... and last night i was riding home at about 1130 pm when passing a driveway on a curvewhen an 89 year old man in an SUV flew backwards out of his driveway without looking and knocked me clear across the road... thank god i was not hurt, just shaken up... but the bike, well i just wanted to cry lol... anyway its goin to the shop tomorrow and the insurance people take it from there... just pray for my bike please i want her back! lol... and btw cool forum!!

Old 08-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Default RE: Jersey Drivers = BAD

sorry to hear about the new bike.... but i agree 110% about nj drivers

Old 08-29-2007, 03:08 AM

Haha thanks, Ya even before this i felt the same way, but now it directly effects me so..... i think after 70 years old you need a road test every 2 years with inspection.... would cut down on a lot of accidents i bet... i cant even count how many times ive seen old guys driving the wrong way on roads, weaving back and forth, or backing up on a highway sort of thing... the funny thing was when he got out of the car, before he even checked to see if he had killed me, he had the nerve to ask me "what the hell were you doing there!?"......[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 08-29-2007, 05:33 AM
Banned

Sounds like a bad corner too. Most of the time it is easy to see something stupid coming.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:42 AM

Sorry about the bad news. Jersey drivers are awful, which probably is why our insurance is one of the highest in the US.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BLUE6RR

[sm=sigh.gif]Hey guys, just joined the forum, since i just recently bought my brand new 06 cbr 1000RR in blue and yellow, and let me tell you i looove the bike.. unfortunately my ride last night was cut short by an elderly man... ive not even finished breaking the bike in, barely 300 miles on it... and last night i was riding home at about 1130 pm when passing a driveway on a curvewhen an 89 year old man in an SUV flew backwards out of his driveway without looking and knocked me clear across the road... thank god i was not hurt, just shaken up... but the bike, well i just wanted to cry lol... anyway its goin to the shop tomorrow and the insurance people take it from there... just pray for my bike please i want her back! lol... and btw cool forum!!
You know...at that age...it's really hard to crane the neck around. Besides....He probably figures death is coming to him soon...Just gun it. The big sky bully will decide when it's his time.

You ever notice how everyone comments on how bad drivers are from another state? I always hear about Jersey and NYC drivers. Face it. There are bad drivers everywhere.

OH and sorry to hear about your ride. Glad you are alright though.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:53 AM

Haha yes he even stated to the cop that he cant see around his corner of trees... but i live in new jersey, and i have been around the country quite a few times, and i dont know if its just me but i thing the new jersey/new york area has more "aggressive" drivers.... the old man count might be the same elsewhere, but there are like 4 cars to 1 person in this area, not a good number for bikes..... but thanks yea im just glad im ok.. but i am still upset about the bike... not the way i wanted to end the summer...[sm=smiley18.gif]

Old 09-04-2007, 08:10 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

I so hear you...I'm in NJ and after I got my F4i with about 500 miles, I got cut off by a car....stupid NJ drivers![:@]

Old 09-05-2007, 11:25 AM

I just got back from a buisness trip in Jersey... and I'll keep it short in saying that I didn't enjoy the place very much (I was around the Newark area). Got to see my first "Jersey street fight" within one hour from my plane landing... between a woman and an older (with grey hairs) man that ranged from the street side, accross a parking lot, and continued on a bus.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:00 PM

dont be fooled... our drivers might suck but jerseys the ish hahaha