New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

I've just registered....

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008 | 11:45 PM
Default I've just registered....

Hi everyone, I've just registered - I'm from Melbourne, Australia, i've been riding for about 4 or 5 years.

I've tried to set up my profile with a picture of my bike (actually, not mine - it looks exactly like mine, but mine doesn't have the fluoro yellow on the wheels), and I hope the picture is big enough, because I wanted to know if anyone knows what type of CBR I have (I see that I can upload pictures as well, so I'll give that a go). It says it's a 600F, but there must be some kind of difference with the naming system for my part of the world, because I see that the 600F is for bikes that were made in 1987, but mine was made in '96 whichI guess makes it technically an F3. Can anyone confirm that for me? I've only managed to find that one picture with my paintjob anywhere on the net, so I'd be interested to hear from anyone with the same kind of bike as me.

Anyway, hi to everyone, I've already spent a few months browsing through the site and getting lots of useful information, as I have been riding for a few years now, but only every now and then, and so I have never had much need to do any real work on my bike... until now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/30624/F402375D84FD40A59D7CA9F3967D88A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-30-2008 | 11:58 PM
Default RE: I've just registered....

hi figured id hop in here an welcome you before the other welcome hounds hit the tread. welcome to the forum. there are alot of great people an info here hope you enjoy it. an thats a nice bike you have there 2

Old 10-01-2008 | 12:33 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Welcome to the Forum, Cobber ! Official welcoming committee snoozing at 6.34 GMT, eh Jules ?
You're from CBRClassic's part of the world..........oh my Lawd, now there're TWO of 'em !!
Enjoy your stay.

Old 10-01-2008 | 12:45 AM

thanks guys! I'm not an experienced rider by any means - well, I can ride, but maintenance and mechanics are something I have NEVER had any experience of, so this site has been and will be useful.

Who is this CBRClassic you speak of? A troublemaker ????

Old 10-01-2008 | 12:48 AM

he's another aussie, which i personaly like to read his post because for some strange reason as soon as i start reading his post i start talking with an aussie accent

Old 10-01-2008 | 12:57 AM

haha too funny - well i'll make sure my posts are chockers full of good aussie slang .

gotta go home now, thanks for the welcome, see ya round!

Old 10-01-2008 | 01:06 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Ah, good on yer, Blue !
Come crack a few tinnies, and whack a roo on the barbie, eh ?
Collingwood are a bunch of sissies ! he he
And Oh YES, that CBRClassic's a right troublemaker, best stay clear of him - he has photoshop !

Quick Reply: I've just registered....