New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

I'm finally allowed in

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I'm finally allowed in

Hi from Pontypool South Wales, have been watching the forum for what seems an eternity before now being able to join in. I'm a recent convert to the CBR family but a long time Honda brother. I'm currently on my second CBR1000F (Japanese import), a 1994 in Mauritania Violet, with 23,000miles when purchased a month ago. My previous was a 1993 CBR1000F (French Import) in Black, which I had for 15 months before selling to a good mate.
Best get over to the Saloon and have a look over there

Old 06-21-2016, 06:14 PM

Frustrating isn't it? Great site though and lots of good input

Old 06-22-2016, 03:45 AM
Welcome Crew

hello and welcome, try and get some pics up, you can use photobucket

Old 06-22-2016, 05:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi mate, it's Gazz from Australia. I have registered and still awaiting activation, seems like it takes ages, any hints on how long it takes.
I've uploaded images etc but still says I can't even edit my profile as I'm not activated.
The waiting is more frustrating than getting a flat tyre on the Nullarbor.
Anyway a warm hello to all and we look forward to eventually getting in.

Old 06-24-2016, 07:53 AM

Took months for me. They take trolling pretty seriously here

Old 06-24-2016, 11:07 AM

Another newbie here, that took eternity to be allowed in and a couple of messages off to support.
First bike was a 1989 Yamaha FZR250 jap import. Was a POS
Second bike was a 1988 Honda CBR 250R Jap import, great bike, so stuck with Honda for my 3rd bike.
3rd and current bike, is a 1999 Honda CBR 600 F4. One of the last of the carby models before they went to the fuel injection. Awesome bike.
So, been waiting for months to get in. Wasn't allowed to post in any threads anywhere or alter my profile. So if this post makes it, i will be surprised!
There's my brief intro

Old 06-25-2016, 10:08 AM

If there's any admin's that would like to comment on this thread it would be welcomed. I'm sure a lot of great members are put off right from the start.

Old 06-25-2016, 11:11 AM

Yeah, it is a tad disheartening. I mean, i registered my account 19th of June 2015. so, its taken literally a year to be able to finally post on the forums, but even then i had to wait til someone approved it. I know im new here and all, but i think a LOT of people would be turned off and away from this forum for that reason alone. It turned me away! I only came back because i was changing my email address on all my accounts i have on the net. And thought, well, i'll give it a last shot, if i still cant post or whatever, then i 'll scrap my account. Something needs to change. I can understand, yes, trying to protect people from trolls and flame wars,etc, but, i think people deserve at least a go. If they start rubbish, then boot them out permanently without reason or question...but, that is me

Old 06-25-2016, 04:09 PM

That's what I was thinking, give a new member a couple of posts to see if they are for real and if not, ban them. Seems pretty simple but I don't know anything about running a forum.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Well Guys, I'm not an Admin, merely a moderator.

However, we have had some ummmm, how do we say it, 'difficult' customers become members in the past who caused some serious problems and thus as stated above, do take the site security - and membership - very seriously.

All you have to do is keep posting or asking questions, basically show that you are an interested member of the forum and an Admin will grant you full membership.

Sometimes it takes only a few posts other times a few more. There are no hard and fast rules. Also keep in mind that Admins and moderators are volunteers for the site and are on as often as possible.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, SB

Quick Reply: I'm finally allowed in