New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

I think im going to go for this.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think im going to go for this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=230078648160

i talked to the guy... met up with him...and saw the bike personally..

the history... he bought it from his bro in law.. had it for 2 years... he got it at 26,000 and said he probably rode it for 1000miles in those 2 years.... but the odo stopped working...
seems like a nice chap....

his bro in law laid it down in his drive way... >5mph fall... so the front fairing is cracked... and nothing else... few scrapes from the fall.
the chain seemed somewhat rusty.... from when i saw it... but it was too dark to tell... there is some rust on the pipe... that he said can be easily removed with rust remover.

he rarely rides it.. and the bike never gives him trouble... he didnt touch it for 3 weeks... and he started it up for the first time to come and see me... and it fired right up... no problem

he said a full tank will last him 200miles when ridden hard.

he hasnt changed the tire ever since he bought it... and it looks to have a good 50% thread left in it...

the rust on the pipe was caused from leaving it outside since he has no garage....

---

he said he will let it go for me 1900-2000$ should i go for it?

i need to know by tommorow morning... if it needs any work, .. i dont mind putting in another up too300-400 in it... as long as that work will garentee me a long lasting bike that wont break down on me... and can be pushed.

i realy want a second opinion on this.... im an 18year old noob that wants to learn how to ride *knows how to ride a 1100cc cruiser.*... and dont wanna buy another bike for atleast a year min... unless i total it.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Default RE: I think im going to go for this.

It sounds like it has a quite a bit of work involved in it. Do you know how to ride at all. Have you ever ridden motorcycle before. It sounds like an okay deal, I am not totally sure what they go for, but I think the MSF class is a must wuth any bike you get and as long as you have patience and a lot of self control I think the bike will be alright. Just take your time and be patient

Old 01-22-2007, 01:55 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Let us know if you get it...good luck!

Old 01-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Retired Administrator

200 miles when ridden hard? That's about 50 miles more than I've ever seen when I crawl on the highway with a long distance trip. Most bikes see around a 100 miles to 120 before the reserve kicks in or low fuel light and if I open mine up... I'm lucky to see 100 miles.