New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help

I am going to buy a 1999 CBR900RR, and I need some help. Are there any issues that I should be aware of, or somethings I can look for when I test ride it? I just need some help as I am not sure what to look for, but with some help I think I can go into this with some confidence. I am not new to bikes, but kind of new to sport bikes: here is what i know about the bike: Full Supertrapp Exhaust, flush mount turn signals and shorts for the rear, michelin pilot tires, brand new x-ring chain, with 14k for miles. It did fall over and has some minor damage toon of theside plastics, and pipe. What should I look for to knowif this bike has been abused? Thanks in advance for all the help.

I have added the picks of the scratches, let me know what you think. knocked over or layed over?

[IMG]local://upfiles/18780/61A8CBCE649C4741B1602A060324B23A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: I need help

if the chain was replaced were the sprockets ? you should always try and replace them @ the same time that way they have the same wear pattern.

only things else i can really suggest ill be to take someone else along with you who knows what to look for.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Retired Administrator

Check the marks on the plastic to see if they are consistant with falling over or slidding down the highway. Stand behind with the bike held upright and see if the tail is aligned. Put the front tire up to something solid and apply pressure to the bars to see if there is any play in the steering stem. look over the welds for cracks... I'm sure I'm forgetting some of the obvious ones, but this is a start.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:18 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

By the looks of the exhaust, that could have easily fell over....