New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

i just got a f4i

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i just got a f4i

Hello everyone,

Last friday I bought a motorcycle. It is a 2002 Honda CBR600F4i. It turned 9k miles on the way home from the dealer. I got a really good deal on it so I could not pass this deal up. It has a D&D exhaust which sounds really nice, deep tone and loud. Also has a power commander tuned for the exhaust. It also has aftermarket clear turn signals, I think, not really sur eabout that. The bikes runs beautiful. Nothing leaks and it does not burn oil or coolent. The best part it is fuel injected, so no problems starting in cold weather. I have not taken it above 9krpms cause i am still afraid, haha. I was in second and started punching it and the front end started liffting, so that was enough. The only problem is that the fairigns are scrached up and the rear fairing is cracked. I can fix everything easily. Dont even need new fairings. This is my winter project. I would put a picture up but don't know how to. haha

Old 09-28-2006, 12:42 PM
Default RE: i just got a f4i

Sounds like you got a similar deal that i got. I bought an 02 with 10k on it. It has a pcIII, devil high mount, fender kit, flush mounts & corbin seat. A few minor scratches here and there but nothing real noticable. I give mine an 8 out of 10, i paid 5100.
Good luck pawel and be safe.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:43 PM

Exciting ride. =D

How do you plan to fix the plastics?

Old 09-28-2006, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul Square

Exciting ride. =D

I will use this bando for plastics, can't rememebr the name right now. And the rear fairing which is really bad, if this bondo doesnt hold well. i will use fiberglass from the inside and smooth it out wih this plastic bondo. And if all fails, i will just buy a new rear fairng. I paint so that is not a problem. I just don't know where to get the decals.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome and congrats!! F4i is a GREAT bike, you'll love it!

Old 09-29-2006, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: pawel

Exciting ride. =D

I will use this bando for plastics, can't rememebr the name right now. And the rear fairing which is really bad, if this bondo doesnt hold well. i will use fiberglass from the inside and smooth it out wih this plastic bondo. And if all fails, i will just buy a new rear fairng. I paint so that is not a problem. I just don't know where to get the decals.
I can probably make you some decals. I have access to vinyl/plotters. I'd be interested in the fiberglass idea, I've never worked with it before. I don't foresee any kind of epoxy or adhesive holding on my broken fairing bolts. I've already tried twice! They just vibrate apart. Time to do some fiberglass research I guess. Know any good resources?

Old 09-30-2006, 08:30 PM

There are many sites on the internet for decals.

www.alloutgraphics.com

http://www.modernimagemoto.com/

Old 09-30-2006, 08:47 PM

I can probably make you some decals. I have access to vinyl/plotters. I'd be interested in the fiberglass idea, I've never worked with it before. I don't foresee any kind of epoxy or adhesive holding on my broken fairing bolts. I've already tried twice! They just vibrate apart. Time to do some fiberglass research I guess. Know any good resources?
I dont know any good resources but it is nothing hard. All the directions are on the box when you buy it. Just make sure to wear rubber gloves casue it gets a little messy.

Old 10-01-2006, 11:46 AM

Hello & Welcome!!