New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

How do

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do

Hello, how do.
My name is Stu, live in North East England, cracking part of the world close to the Scottish border. Roads with more twists and turns than a politicians speech.
Always lusted after a cbr 1000f but never got round to it. Month ago a workmate said he was selling his bike since he had not ridden it for a number of years. When i had a look there was a 1999 cbr thou only 6500 miles in as new condition,when he told me the price he wanted could not belive my luck, fantastic bike at that price ( much less than £2k , much,much less!)
Got her home and got to work, less needed than i thought but made sure for peace of mind.
This weekend the mrs and i have been out and about. She is all i hoped for, comfy, fast, comfy, rolls into corners without fuss, un like my gsx1400, comfy, talking aboutthe bike not the wife. So time to tour , happy chap.
Any way, hello, was going to put some pics up, unsure how to, will have a look.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:05 PM

congats on the bike, to upload photos just open a photobucket album and upload the pics to it. Then after its uploaded just copy and paste the img code link into your post. It looks like this: [img]xxxxxxxxx[/img]

Old 08-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site, Stu, and congrats on the new bike. Sounds like you got a good deal on her. I've got a '95 and I still love it. (Just got back from 140mile ride today, actually) Comfortable, reliable, and fast are nice traits and it's gonna be a tough bike for me to get rid of. They have some nice features for an older ST bike, too... like the hydraulic clutch, easily adjustable valves, etc.
You should stop over in the hurricane section and say hello. Plenty of us in there.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by big stu
Roads with more twists and turns than a politicians speech.
Good one Stu!

Sounds like you got a great bike.

Welcome aboard.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:11 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome