New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Holy Crap.. need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy Crap.. need help

Just got my new 06 CBR 1000RR. I have never riden any kind of motorized 2 wheel machine before. Can some body teach me how to ride? Is this bike fast?I still have it in my truck but cannot find reverse gear on the bike to get it out. How many gears does this thing have anyway?
I was also wondering what the 1000 stands for? I was told the levers on the front are how you do wheelies. Is this true?

New member and new rider looking for some help.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Default RE: Holy Crap.. need help

Hello & Welcome!!

First....what are you crazy buying a 1K for your first bike!
Second....sign up for an MSF course to learn how to ride, it can't be taught over the net.
Third....there is no reverse.
Fourth....one down, 5 up....6 gears.
Fifth....1000 = cc's of the bike....130 horsepower or so
Sixth...there are no wheelie levers....
Seventh....is thisa joke or are you serious?

Old 05-09-2007, 06:32 PM

I really hope your playing, or else you're not long for this world, not trying to be mean but do some research before you ride that thing, and take an msf course.
No reverse, only a forward, 6 gears, 1000 cc (cubic centimeters, it is your displacement). Don't try and do wheelies, at least not for quite awhile. Levers are your front brake (R) and your clutch (L).

Old 05-09-2007, 06:43 PM
Rev

If you love your life please take a second and listen to the advice posted in this page. Not sure if your actually serious or not but if you are don't take this as a mock to you...You NEED to take the MSF Course. YOU NEED to do more research on bikes before hoping on this thing. I assume you don't have a motorcycle license...mainly because you don't know squat about gearing on a bike. I'm pretty experienced but known enough that 600 cc is mighty fast enough for me and my twisties. I wouldn't even think of buying a 1k cc bike. Honestly, if your still up and kicking....don't get on that bike until you take the MSF course..or at least read up more! Good luck..

Old 05-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Banned

Your next post will be something like

'How do I hot wire my bike I have lost all the keys' or
'which slip-on is best' or
'how do I wheelie?' or
'how do I set the clock' or
'Why do I need a helmet'

Anyway, welcome to the site, we are a little short of dummies this month, you should help us reach our quota.

Old 05-09-2007, 06:57 PM

I cannot let fellow junkies go on like this any more. That was not a nice way to introduce myself to the forum. I thought your post's were thoughtfull however, I can imagine what you were really thinking when you read that squib garbage!

Let's try again.. New to the forum yes. Name's Glenn from Calgary Canada.
Got an 06 Gixxer 750, a 03 Honda VTX 1800R cruiser and my little animal the 04 YZ 250. Been riding for 10 Years and I am 33 now.
That being said, I did just get my 1st liter bike. 06 CBR 1000RR. Blew and Yella.( CDN spelling) Ha!Only seen 1 in Calgary so far that's why the color choice. I know mixed reviews.. but I love the scheme. This machine is incredible. Blows my Gix away. Had it a month now.
Mod's so far.. Shock Racing powder coat FE. Yosh RS-5 stainless slip-on, Rear vent Halo's (led blue of course) OEM rear seat cowl. Blue integrated tail light, Euro style front LED indicators.

Pic's to come. I love my new *** and that pipe sounds great.

Nice to be hear. Thanks for the comments.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:14 PM

That was a great dummie comment, something I would have said too.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome!
only guys with 'ballah' status who buy the repsol has the reverse gear.

Old 05-09-2007, 08:34 PM

Welcome to the site.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: sonic0123

I cannot let fellow junkies go on like this any more. That was not a nice way to introduce myself to the forum. I thought your post's were thoughtfull however, I can imagine what you were really thinking when you read that squib garbage!

Let's try again.. New to the forum yes. Name's Glenn from Calgary Canada.
Got an 06 Gixxer 750, a 03 Honda VTX 1800R cruiser and my little animal the 04 YZ 250. Been riding for 10 Years and I am 33 now.
That being said, I did just get my 1st liter bike. 06 CBR 1000RR. Blew and Yella.( CDN spelling) Ha!Only seen 1 in Calgary so far that's why the color choice. I know mixed reviews.. but I love the scheme. This machine is incredible. Blows my Gix away. Had it a month now.
Mod's so far.. Shock Racing powder coat FE. Yosh RS-5 stainless slip-on, Rear vent Halo's (led blue of course) OEM rear seat cowl. Blue integrated tail light, Euro style front LED indicators.

Pic's to come. I love my new *** and that pipe sounds great.

Nice to be hear. Thanks for the comments.

Nice....Name:  thspongebobdance.gif
Views: 18
Size:  19.8 KB

Quick Reply: Holy Crap.. need help