New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi, newbie from Northern IL.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hi, newbie from Northern IL.

Hi guys site looks great ive been on many forums and glad I found you guys. My name is joe and have been riding atvs and dirtbikes since I was 5 im 23 now. Just traded my raptor 700r for a 02 red and black f4i. Im pretty excited for this year to start warming up. I got the bike had a dead battery so replaced the battery now the turn signals are al sorts of jacked up without hitting the turn signal switch the front turn sigs go off randomly and start flashing as if like a car the hazards were on...... odd crap so I ordered a turn sig relay hope that cures it. I installed Hids two brothers exhaust smoked front turn sigs "yes I wired em in right with the 3 to 2 wire dealio and taping off the striped wires." just excited to see a forum and learn new stuff along the way. I also finished lowering the bike all around 2 inches today. im 5' 5' and like to feel securely flat footed. now I need to tweak or get a new kickstand . love this bike came with hot body undertail kit and some other tastful things. ANY ADVISE FOR A NEW STREET RIDER? yes I got all sick icon riding gear last week im ready there lol.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum Joe,

It sounds like you have all the experience riding that will be needed for road riding. And your CBR600 sounds like it is the dogs bollocks. So post some pictures when you can.

My advice for road riding would be: ride as though every bastard in a cage is out to kill you, look then look again, learn to corner safely but quickly - always looking 'through' the corner. From your experience on the dirt you know most of the control comes from the right hand and body english on the bike - that will translate straight to the road. And most importantly, enjoy yourself

Ask any questions you need, the forum members really are a very knowledgable lot.

Cheers, SB

Old 01-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We're glad you found us as well. Welcome to CBRF! :-)

The F4i is an excellent all around bike. I like the split-seat version as well.

My advice for a new street rider would be to take the MSF course...Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Build upon what you learn in the course to become a responsible & safe rider. Always wear your gear as well.

When you get a chance, post up a pic of your bike in the F4i pic thread.

Good to have you w/ us.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

welcome to cbrf! sounds like you're having fun with your winter project. dirt expirience is a plus. have fun, take it easy for a while until you get used to the weight and power

Old 01-02-2013, 05:08 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF
wish it wasnt snowing

Old 01-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Hello and welcome!

Keep your eyes open and your head on a swivel. Always be aware of your surroundings. Learn to see upcoming hazards before you get there. Expect drivers to do stupid things and ALWAYS have a way out!!!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 PM

thanks guys! just finished my lowering kit 2 inches all around some 8000k hids and smoked flush sigs today waiting on the rest of the goodies. I was browsing earlier on the site and noticed the monster or nos rear ressy mod lol so I had to do that to today hahaha.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:55 PM

heres another shot

Old 01-03-2013, 06:17 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:42 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome Joe...my advise is that we're not playing in dirt...it's rock hard asphalt or concrete cement, so always gear up for the unexpected...in the streets, sometimes even if you are the most Safe rider...luck plays a roll so be careful, gear up even if its a short test ride... The difference in wearing gloves is having 10 fingers.

Quick Reply: Hi, newbie from Northern IL.