New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi from Long Island

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hi from Long Island

Hello, I just bought my first bike today a 95' F3, I still only have my motorcycle permit and cannot ride because nobody that I know has a motorcycle license so I have to wait until my MSF class in June.
But yea here she is Name:  IMG_0649.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  70.1 KB I still have to buy a helmet, jacket and boots so if you guys have any links to any good deals for a college student on a part time budget it would be great!

Old 04-13-2012, 07:28 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try the pawnshops, thrift store and Craigslist. I fully outfitted my wife for less than 200 bucks. Hjc helmet, leather jacket, chaps, Frank Thomas boots and gloves. All in cherry, like-new condition.

Good luck, ride safe, Ern

Old 04-13-2012, 07:39 PM

Ill give it a shot, thanks

Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on getting your F3!

As for your MSF class, find out who teaches it in your area & ask them to call you if there's a cancellation in any class b/f yours.

+1 to Madhattr059's gear shopping recommendations. Additionally, make sure you have over-the-ankle boots. Even the Timberland work boot style from walmart will protect you better than regular shoes.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:56 PM

I checked the earliest one from this company and it is in june, plus size 14 x-wide boots are hard to come by

Old 04-13-2012, 09:29 PM

gotcbr do you go on ar15.com?, I see your avatar

Old 04-13-2012, 10:06 PM

Congrats on the bike but be safe out there.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:41 PM

HJC helmets are extremely cheap, especially if used. I got mine brand new for 150. Andddd not sure about where you live, but why can't you ride with your permit? Here in cali once you get your permit you can ride all you want just not at night, highways or with a passenger. Do they make you ride with someone thats licensed???? Or are you just waiting for a helmet? But then again in cali you cant even get your permit without taking the course. Which BTW is a MUST. Even if you don't legally need it, do take it..It will teach you things that will save your life every single day..It will also help you impress people by being able to come to a complete stop at a sign without taking your feet of the pegs

Old 04-14-2012, 03:52 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums. Where on the island are you? I'm in Nassau. Nice F3!

Old 04-14-2012, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by redbaron1728
HJC helmets are extremely cheap, especially if used. I got mine brand new for 150. Andddd not sure about where you live, but why can't you ride with your permit? Here in cali once you get your permit you can ride all you want just not at night, highways or with a passenger. Do they make you ride with someone thats licensed???? Or are you just waiting for a helmet? But then again in cali you cant even get your permit without taking the course. Which BTW is a MUST. Even if you don't legally need it, do take it..It will teach you things that will save your life every single day..It will also help you impress people by being able to come to a complete stop at a sign without taking your feet of the pegs
NY is f'ing stupid, you have to have someone that is licensed with riding with you. When you take the road test they want you to bring a bike, someone that is licensed following you in a chase car so the instructor can follow you and give you directions, I'm just going to take the MSF course because it is impossible for me to take the regular road test because of these stupid regulations.

Quick Reply: Hi from Long Island