New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi Guys/Gals noobie here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 05:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Guys/Gals noobie here...

... to both biking and CBR heaven lol.

Currently just about to finish my direct access course in the UK... done everything bar the module two riding 45 minutes test on 16th May... once done, I'm a fully fledged biker. So, here'#s a little bit about me!

Because I've wanted this for a while now, I've got all excited and a couple of days ago bought a new bike (already posted pictures in the other gallery). However here's a couple of him:

Here he is... now it's just a matter of getting him home... he's a 1999 T Reg (although private plate) CBR600F in my fave colour, yellow, but with the turquoise bottom... only a couple of changes from standard, small indicators, Devil Exhaust, Smoked Bubble Screen... but this was the killer for me, a genuine 8921 miles on him since new, 2 previous owners, currently who's had him 5 years... so made up with this...

I live in Wales (UK) and I've got to ship the bike from Ireland in the next week or so... once here will be straight out on the thing. So, I'm glad to be one of "the gang" now... and hopefully will start to get some summer miles and experience under my belt incident free. Since passing my CBT on Easter Sunday, I've done around 700 miles on my sons CBR125 just for my own confidence... I've obviously ridden on the 600cc (XJ6) during the additional lessons as part fo the Direct Access course and felt at home on them... however they're around 70bhp... and this baby is a step up... so I will be riding like a pansy for a while I think...

Already though I've noticed that camaraderie you bikers have, other riders always acknowledge even though I've been riding with L Plates on the bike, no snobbery, simply a "hello nod"... love that and not been into that since I stopped modifying cars in 2006... nice to be part of a "scene" again.

Spent 8 years modifying my Pug 205 GTi... so may as well post a couple of pictures of him... sold him in 2006, with 196bhp in a 880kg car (Mi16 conversion from the Pug 405 with injection dumped and twin gorgeous sounding Weber 45 Carbs)... can't go wrong...

He started out like this:

Was then magazine featured in UK

Did 1/4 mile at Santa Pod this year and posted 14.21s which was up there nicely!

And then the last show he ever went to... in his final hurrahhhh

Anyway, speak to you guys soon (and hoping this bike now gives me a new love affair like the 205)...it's going to be a nice journey... got some good rides planned for the summer, one down south UK, and in August possibly a quick 1 week blast over the Europe... can't wait.

Last edited by Pugheaven; 05-10-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:43 AM

Nice

Old 05-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

welcome to the forum and riding!
....and congrats on the bike. it looks like a nice one! (the car looks nice too)
if you have any questions about the bike, riding, the forum, or anything else at all, dont hesitate to ask.

i have to say, this is a great intro thread. it contains pictures and good info about you all with correct spelling and grammar. it makes it a pleasure to read. you will fit in nicely around here!

edit: don't forget to service the bike when you get it. change, clean, or adjust everything you can.

Last edited by 74demon; 05-10-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice intro PH! :-) I saw the one you deleted over in the F4 section. ;-)

You've got a great looking bike (car too)! :-) Take care of your F4 & it will last for many years to come.

Hope the shipping goes well. I know that can be tedious & tense.

Don't worry about other riders & not being fast... RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE. :-)

Be safe out there & enjoy!

Good to have you w/ us.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome...wow, that's a nice looking bike + ride....sweet color. Settle in and enjoy! be safe out there...

Old 05-10-2012, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Nice intro PH! :-) I saw the one you deleted over in the F4 section. ;-)
Cheers everyone... nice to be made welcome. Yeah deleted that thread as I didn't want too many threads all about me and just thought use this one to meet people, then over the coming months, whenever i tweak just add it to the gallery instead :-)

Old 05-11-2012, 12:42 PM

Welcome,

Nice looking bike and really nice looking car.

What all do you have in plans for the bike?

Old 05-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by jveach
Welcome,

Nice looking bike and really nice looking car.

What all do you have in plans for the bike?
Cheers matey. Well first and foremost, a nice service, make sure he's in tip top condition.

As in proper mods, probably nothing major, just small neat things... first on the list is the clutch and brake levers, going to replace them with anodized ones (gold to go with the yellow)... then powder coat the wheels yellow, as you can see from this, they look awesome yellow and I believe they finish off the bike nicely:

Already bought a 12v cigarette lighter adapter and a fitting to go into the stem so I can have a sat nav based on my phone attached so they'll be nice.

Other bits and bobs will be anodized nuts and bolts wherever, just to neaten it up. LED indicators, things like that. Want to keep to the original colours and style of the bike, so wont' be doing nothing major.