New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi, evreebodie!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, evreebodie!

I've been surfing the forum for a while, figured it was time to poke my head in the door.
I've been w/o a bike for several years now. Just got a '97 600F3 w/, get this, 1852mi on it! It's definitely mechanically sound. Got it from a friend of a friend who apparently dumped it, cracked up the plastics pretty good, scared himself, and placed it in storage. Hooray for smokin' deals!
I've got some plastics on the way thanks to fleaBay and I've done a fair amount of yanking, and inspecting, and freshening. Still having a little trouble getting her to stay running, but I'm fully confident that, w/ the right tweaking, she'll warm up and run like a scalded dog.
I've owned a few older standard bikes ('75 CB500T, '78 CB750, '76 KZ400F) and had access to several other street machines ('95 F3, '99 VFR800, '01 SpeedTriple) over the years. I've also been lucky enough to have several friends over the years w/ a 'spare' dirtbike for me to ride on weekend adventures.
Can't wait to re-hone my street riding skills on a fully capable machine!
Looking forward to discussing riding skills and tech details w/ some of you like-minded individuals.
Cheers!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome, i have also clocked some hours on a speed triple and i have to say it really got me hooked on the 1000's. great bike.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hey brannigan, welcome to the forum - that's quite a low-mileage find!

Old 01-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi & welcome to CBRF!
Good luck getting your F3 running and keep us posted.THe guys in the F3 forum can get 'er running for ya
Post some pics when U can