New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi everyone, new guy here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone, new guy here!

Hello ladies and gents!

I finally decided to join a forum after 3 years of owning my 1991 CBR F2 600. I wanted to connect with people who are like minded, helpful, friendly, and have the same interests as I do.

I've been riding since I was 14 (dirt bikes and the like) but finally bought my CBR about 3 years ago. It was my 1st time owning a street bike and I've had a lot of fun with it. As of the past 3 months or so I was running into a few issue with my bike and was deciding if I wanted to upgrade to something newer. Instead I decided to seek out a great shop to fix up my bike and get it back into top shape.

I decided to take it to a local shop (Berkeley Performance Motorcycle) which has outstanding reviews. They took my bike in and in a few days I got a bike back that was in tip-top shape and I couldn't be happier. because of this I've decided to stick with my CBR F2 and maybe look into some body modifications to help give it a more modern look. Any help or suggestions would be awesome! I can't wait to connect with others here and see/hear some videos, pics, and stories about your motorcycle experiences.

Here is a link to my video I took years ago after buying my bike. Believe it our not the bike still looks pretty much the same except for a crack and some scratches on the right side farings (a jackass knocked my bike over what I was at work).

See you guys and ladies in the forums!

(This is the link to my video the day after I bought my bike. I hate the sound of my voice on tape!)

Old 08-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm,
Is John Sheppard your real name or is it a reference only certain people would pick up on!!!
Anyway welcome to the site, it's Def one of my favorite places to meet like minded honda owners...
People have done many mods to that particular model, personally I would just go into the six hundred area of the site and start reading.your bound to come across dozens of ideas for your bike with lots of technical info to boot..
welcome to cbrforum.
Jay

Old 08-02-2013, 01:40 PM

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the welcoming! Yeah, it's also my real name and I didn't get to change it b/c I registered with my facebook acct. I've looked through all the options to change it but I can't find it. I contacted a Admin for help about this. Oh well, there are a lot of people in this world with the same name so I'm not too worried.

I will def look through the 600 part of the forums to see what others have done. I love this bike and I'm torn between selling it and getting something new or just keeping it and showing it some love!

Old 08-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I have seen some guys on here do some amazing things to their F2s. Look around, you're gonna find something.

Your user name change can only be done by an administrator, specifically chainstretcher. I don't know which admin you contacted, but chain is the man for that. Be patient, the admin life is a complicated one so it may take a bit for him to reply to you.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Welcome to the forum.

I have seen some guys on here do some amazing things to their F2s. Look around, you're gonna find something.

Your user name change can only be done by an administrator, specifically chainstretcher. I don't know which admin you contacted, but chain is the man for that. Be patient, the admin life is a complicated one so it may take a bit for him to reply to you.
Wow, funny thing is Chain was the admin I contacted and gave him two different names that I'd like, so I'll wait. Thanks!

Old 08-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to CBRF! The F2 is a great bike. You can do anything to it you want. Do you have any fabrication skills?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Welcome to the CBR Forum John,

I do love the early CBRs, that enveloping body work, yum.
Enjoy your time on the forum.

Cheers, SB

Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
Welcome to CBRF! The F2 is a great bike. You can do anything to it you want. Do you have any fabrication skills?
Thanks Conrice! Unfortunately, my fabrication skills are nonexistent. There is a guy on these forums (I had seen his videos on Youtube) and I believe he lives or lived in South Korea (I think he was in the military) and he did some fabrication work on his bike. The nose/headlight and tail piece were my favorite, it was amazing, I think it was from an F4i. It's exactly what I'd like to do for my bike just to give it a slightly more modern look.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear
Welcome to the CBR Forum John,

I do love the early CBRs, that enveloping body work, yum.
Enjoy your time on the forum.

Cheers, SB
Thanks SB! You're an easy member to spot b/c of your avatar! I've read quite a few threads that you have been a part of. I like the community here, everyone here seems helpful and easy to talk to.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Welcome Crew

hi and welcome