New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi everyone

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone. I just got my 06 cbr1000 in blue/yellow two days ago. I am somewhat new to bikes. This is my second bike, my first one was '05 Yamaha FZ1.I only put 2000 miles on it in 10 months because it sat in my garage lately. Don't get me wrong FZ1 is a good bike, I just wanted something more sporty. I love this bike, it's lighter than my old bike and harder suspension makes handling of the bike a lot easier for me. I have not taken it past 7k rpm due to a break-in periud, but I can tell this is a serious machine that requres respect. I love every aspect of the bike and very happy with it. I had many people telling me that liter bike is too much for the first bike, it was not as bad as I thought. Not long ago I have ridden my friend's 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 600cc, and it felt like something was missing, low end torque and some HP I guess.
The only things I am going to change/add are led turn signals, Shogun frame sliders, Puig windscreen,Competition Werkers fender kit,PIAA bulbs and slip-on exhaust. I like Yoshi RS-5, but I am going to wait untill break-in ends. Can somebody tell me if power commander is a must? Will bike lose in performance without it? Thank you

Old 10-12-2006, 05:11 PM
Default RE: Hi everyone

hello, welcome and all of that.. sounds like a serious machine.. you might as well save your money on the power commander. 1000RR has more power then you'll ever need or use. take some of that money you're spending on after market stuff and get some leathers if you don't already own them.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:36 PM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 10-17-2006, 02:52 AM

welcome