New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hi all...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi all...

Hi all, I've got a bit of a 'different' CBR...

Old 08-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll say! Tell us more about it & yourself.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Registered Users

Ok

Well,I'm me really, from the Uk.

The bike is 'built' out of 2 CBRs-an imported Canadian '87 that was badly accident damaged and a UK spec '88 that had a blown engine. It came about because I knocked it together from the 2 bikes, rode it for a day and didn't like the riding position much.
It's 'evolved' over 12 years.

It started off that I stuck renthals on it, painted it matt black,trimmed the front mudguard,junked the fairing and stuck a gasmask on the front with a pair of lights stuck through the eye sockets. It was like that for about a year, til I got fed up with a fat girl I really didn't fancy harassing me to take her out on it. Out came the grinder and the seat and all the other panels came off, with the back of the frame cut/welded into the shape it is now, 'til the pillion seat was too small for her

The rider seat is a bit of perforated aluminium. The pillion seat is made of part of an experimental Dyson washing machine and some glass packing foam.
Rear wheel is from a '90ish later model, with a 180 tyre on-but that'll be changed eventually as I've got a VFR single-sider in the shed waiting.

The tank is the base of a standard FH tank, with the top of a GTR1000 Kwak tank grafted on (It increased the range by 30 miles). The bar clamps are part XS250, with the spindle ends from an unknown Kwak on as risers.

The 'bellypan' is actually part of the upper bodywork from a crap Piaggio scooter, and the rear lights are M&P LED units hidden under the seat with guards on so you can't see them 'til they are on.

The exhaust is mostly stainless Laser K1, with the a tailpipe made from a 1980s Harris silencer and a bit of perforated tube. It's LOUD, but not offensive 'til 9k RPM

There's probably a fair bit I've forgotten though-it's one of those things when something is constantly changing slightly.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good stuff! Reading your adventures in modification, I got visions of Road Dog in my head!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:16 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

very unique, thats sweet.
welcome to CBRF