New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

HEY I'M NEW!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEY I'M NEW!

Whats up everyone? My name is Justin. I have an obsession with anything that has an engine and wheels. I just got my first "REAL" bike yesterday. In the past i've rode a Honda Z50R, Suzuki RM80, and a Honda CM400e. I've just taken a GIANT leap into the superbike realm with my purchase of a 1987 CBR 1000 F Hurricane. This is the first bike I've really ridden. Sure I messed around on my 50 doing wheelies and stoppies and stuff, and cruised around city streets with my CM400e, but this hurricane is the first bike i've taken on the freeway or gone over 60 mph on. I'm a hot rodder and i've built and driven PLENTY of fast cars.... but this is my first real venture into a FAST BIKE.
I'm still learning a lot about riding and rider safety, and I'm taking it slow... for now. I got a copy of "a twist of the wrist" by Keith Code And i'm going to study it religiously.

My plans for the bike are to either update the fairings for a newer style, or give it a street fighter look. When I got this bike I was initially looking to buy an older cruiser style and chop it/cafe it. But I got a killer deal that I couldn't pass up so I jumped on it. I don't think I'm going to throw any speed parts on it yet untill I get better at riding (as the old saying goes, build the rider before you build the bike).

Ok so thats my little intro, i'll post pics soon!

Justin

Old 09-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Default RE: HEY I'M NEW!

Welcome, got any pics ?

Have you ever taken the MSF Course ? Ride safe.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Banned

Welcome to the site. +1 on the speed parts, most really don't do anything anyway. The streetfighter look is really in and I kinda like seeing all the parts of a bike anyway. Post some pics.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:46 PM

Welcome. I like street fighter.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:47 PM

yeah i haven't taken the MSF course. I don't even have a motorcycle license, yet. But most people i know who ride don't have one either... lol.

ohh and pics are on the way!

Old 09-22-2007, 05:04 PM

Where are you located at?

Old 09-22-2007, 10:08 PM

i'm in the bay area! Martinez, ca to be exact.
i haven't gone on any long trips with my bike or anyting yet (has a slight oil leak, but that should be fixed very soon, crack in the oil pan, gonna get some aluminum brazing rods and seal it right up)
I've mostly just ridden the bike down the street and to starbucks and stuff, but with each ride i get better and better. I've been reading that twist of the wrist book and i'm really getting an understanding for motorcycle cornering and countersteering and stuff. I'm trying to ease my way into riding rather than go out and kill myself. lol.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:49 PM

Hello & Welcome!!