New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey Everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Everyone!

Hey Everyone, Old guy here, 53...no cane yet but hoping I need one when I'm older. I love those old movies where the old cantankerous guy with the cane beats the crap out of everybody. Heck, maybe I'll get the one where you hit a button and a blade shoots out the end. Too much fun!! Anyway, I bought an 07 Repsol three weeks ago or so. I just had the Helibar risers installed on it. Yeah, I'm a wimp but what the hell. The service guy quoted me one hour of labor...lol....it took them over 4 hours to get it all done...they charged me 2.5...not bad. I just got the rest of the toys in the mail and I'm going to be installing them soon. Got the Garmin Streetpilot 2820 and the cool looking mount it goes into. Gotta get some type of bracket called ram or something like that to attach the mount to the bike....I'm inept...I'll let Cartoys do it. Then I got the blue tooth chatterbox to plug on my Arai...that is once I find my Arai helmet..it's buried in storage somewhere. So once I get that all done I can ride with voice GPS to the helmet, MP3, cell phone via bluetooth and I think thats's it for the communication. I ordered a Sargent replacement seat also and some sort of alike cover for the passenger pad, they've both got an orange welt around the edges to go along with the Repsol theme. Frankly I don't see many people wanting to ride on the back of this bike....heck..you couldn't pay me to be a passenger on the thou. Well, there's a mouthful...I'll see you guys on the site..and hey..try to keep the old guy comments to a minumum...hell...who wants to be 53...give me back 25...53 sucks.

Oh yeah, one more thing....I just bought a 1975 Honda CB750 from this nice ol guy in West Virginia. This guy took this 750 with 17000 miles on it and after a two year restoration project the bike looks brand new....engine, seat, and way to many parts to mention. I paid a good price for it and the poor guy still lost his shirt on the deal...his labor was free. But, I think he just enjoys doing this type of work and it was definitely a labor of love for him. The bike is gorgeous. It's in show condition so I think I'll show it at the Internation Motorcycle show this winter here in Seattle, maybe I'll tell everyone I did all the work....LOL...naaaa..couldn't do that...Corky gets all the credit!

Old 06-29-2007, 04:08 AM
Default RE: Hey Everyone!

Wow 53 on a 07 Repsol. God bless ya. Happy motoring partner.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, not so heavy on post 50's bracket thank you very much, I'm doing ok at 56, most days remember my name & 80% of the time, my fly is done up. Good on for the Repsol. But the the 750 brings a tear to the eye.
Now if only I could recall where I left my bike keys, may go for a ride.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:20 PM

Welcome to the site ! Got any pics of either bike ?

Old 06-29-2007, 06:40 PM

Welcome.

Wow, that's pretty cool to get a Repsol at 53. I have friends that are getting cruisers because they are 40 now (my age)...

Bunch of pansies.

Old 06-29-2007, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: 900RR Puzzle

Welcome.

Wow, that's pretty cool to get a Repsol at 53. I have friends that are getting cruisers because they are 40 now (my age)...

Bunch of pansies.
Pansies is right, are they taking Geritol and do their mommies tuck them in at night? LOL...sure I've got the classic restored CB750 to cruise around on but my last two bikes have been an 03 R1 and now the Repsol....I love it's power and handling...a lot different than the R1...the R1's a great bike but the cbr has better detail and appears to be better manufactured...just breaking it in...been way to busy working...only 220 miles on the bike...amazing that you can hit 109 mph and have the rev's so low. I wimped out on the R1...only had it up to 141...wasn't afraid to go faster...just too many cop's on the I90 corridor where I do most of my flying. Got plans next month to take the North Cascades Highway to Winthrop Wa.....fantastic twisties and the sights are beautiful. Washington's an odd state where you have have a lot of rain and cloudy weather in western wa. where the summer temps range from 70 to 85 for the most part. Take a 2 1/2 hour trip to eastern wa. and you find a desert climate with summer temps ranging from 75 to 105. I've lived in Seattle my entire life, it's one of the most attractive citys in the country, but, you have to experience it when the weather is sunny, if not, don't bother.

Pictures....my brother's the photographer...I'll get him to take some pics which I'll post....probably be a couple weeks....waiting for sun in Seattle...now if that isn't wishing for a miracle..lol...actually it's supposed to be in the 80's next week! woohoo!!!...can't wait.

In finishing, I have plans to buy a Harley. Not sure what model it will be, not sure what Harley model's they'll have in 2024 when I'm 70. I'm not sure which message board I was reading but some guy put out a post about running into some ol guy that was like 75 and riding a CBR600RR...now that's cool.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool man!! please post pics of yourself too...[8D]

Old 06-30-2007, 10:52 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 PM

Welcome to the site!