New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey everybody!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey everybody!

I'm Huxley from the CNY area. I picked up a 1996 Honda 600 F3 (or at least what I believe to be a 96 F3) the other day on a whim. It's the newest bike I've ever had and the first to have fuel injection or any other modern stuff along those lines.

I've owned 14 motorcycles now, including this one. Most were from the 70's and a few from the 80's. Most were older than I am. Most have been (unfortunately) sold to pay bills-they were all in different states of disrepair. My main bike is a 1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S. I'm almost done with a naked 1980 Honda Goldwing GL1100. I have two other parts bikes for the 700S and now I have this thing too.

The situation is this: I know very little about the bikes history. I know it's missing nearly all the plastics and fairing and mirrors. I know nothing else (mechanical) is really missing (aside from a battery and a title at the moment) and the engine has less than 4k on it somehow. It looks like a decently lengthy project but nothing I couldn't do if I wanted to do it. But there's the question-do I want to bother with it? I have nothing against sportbikes or the riders of and I simply love riding on two wheels, but I don't know that I need the temptation this thing is sure to provide me in terms of going fast and everything that entails. That and I'm just not sure it fits into my lifestyle as I prefer riding with the love of my life and she isn't a fan of the seating position on these.

So, do I sell it as a parts bike and, if so, for how much? I know enough about bikes to know that this is an amazing parts bike for someone or a possibly fun project. I'm at least going to attempt to get the engine running before I even consider selling it at all. If I can't do that, I'll part it out on ebay or here. If I can, I'll go from there.

Thoughts?

Thanks all,
Huxley

Old 01-20-2011, 05:26 PM

If you have any self control at all, keep it. Repair it, put some eBay fairings on it and love it!

Old 01-20-2011, 05:37 PM

Hey aerialspider,

I appreciate the reply and can definitely see where you're coming from (my response would be the same I'm sure if I saw a similar post on the nighthawk forum) but I just don't know that I'll ever finish this. I have the Goldwing to finish, I have to do some stuff to the main ride before winter ends that it desperately needs, money is tight, and on and on. As much as I can see myself outrunning helicopters on this thing (kidding!) I just don't know that I'll ever get to that point with its current state. Might as well make the decision now instead of letting it go down the road and not having the garage space in the meantime, you know?

Thanks,
Huxley

Old 01-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to the forum huxley, and good luck with your project.