New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey all from NY

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey all from NY

Hey CBR Forum....

**** here, and i just bought my first bike ever. 1991 Honda CBR F2 with 12673 miles on it. It is red and white. I paid 2500, got it from a friend. my dad says i got taken a lil. I had one of my friends who has been riding for years try it out before i paid for it, and he said it rode great. There are some scratches, and two minor cosmetic cracks in the fairings... I was wondering what the CBR Forum thought of my purchase.... I got on the bike for a bit, took it up and down my block, and everything was smooth. the throttle is very responsive, and it went into the two gears i used right away. the oil was tan and not gritty from feel.... The tires have good tread, and the the brakes worked well....

One last thing..... the funniest thing happend... After everyone left i decided to hop on and start the bike take it down the driveway as i was discussing... but i forgot to turn the fuel back on. The bike stalled and the oil light came on... i put the choke on and the bike started again then stalled when i took the choke off. I called my friend frustrated, and they we like "Did you turn the fuel on ?" I replied "NO!" anyway thanks for reading sorry for the length.

Old 08-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hey all from NY

Just don't forget to turn the fuel OFF when you're done riding -- there's nothing like having most of the gas run out on the ground[8D] $2500 isn't that bad if the bike is in good shape.

Post up some pics when ya get a chance.

Welcome aboard -- let the insanity begin

Old 08-14-2005, 12:54 PM

Howdy

Old 08-15-2005, 12:41 PM

Hi & Welcome to the site!