New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey All

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey All

I am thinking of getting a 2004 or 2005 Honda CBR 600 RR!! I have been on some different forums and seems like I can't get a straight answer from anyone. Is the CBR 600 RR to much for a beginner. I am going to take the MSF course and I am a very level headed and responsible person. I am open to any and all feedback especially from people who have started out on sportsbikes. Thanks for all your help and I look forward to hear some interesting comments. Thanks

Old 07-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Default RE: Hey All

Well it’s not considered a starter bike, that’s for sure. That doesn't mean that someone hasn't learned on it either. If you compare the RR to the F4i you will probably get in less trouble with the F4i. The RR has more of an aggressive seating position which can make it hard for a noob. You will go from sitting straight up in your little Honda Rebel 250 at the class to having 10X more bike and a more aggressive seating position. This will make maneuvering at lower speeds, turning and throttle control more difficult vs. the F4i.

If you are planning on riding for a long period of time, get the F4i for the seat and position. If you want to take it to the track every weekend, get the RR. I think you will be more happy with the F4i vs. the RR. Worst case is you get an F4i and have to sell it in a season or two. As long as you get a used bike for your first bike you won't take as much of a hit on the price. Honda's (F4i's) seem to hold their value if they are in good shape.

Good luck finding the right bike for you.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:18 PM

welcome to the forum!

the 600RR is a lot of bike BUT i've known quite a few people who started on it and they've done fine. as long as you respect the bike and take your time learning it... you'll be okay

Old 07-05-2006, 11:48 AM

Hello & Welcome!!