New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hey

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey

I just joined the forum and wanted to say Hello. My name is Mike, I'm from Mid-Michigan. I bought my 2001 CBR600 F4i back in April this year and I love riding it. Previously I had a Kawasaki EX500 and the F4i is a way better bike in every aspect except for comfort, but that isn't what I bought it for. I joined becauseenjoy talking about bikes and I'm hoping to learn a lot about my bike.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hey

Welcome to the forums Mike!! :-) ..I had a Kawasaki GPZ500 as one of my first bikes too ... a simply brilliant little town and traffic bike, with excellent comfort too!!

Jules

Old 08-17-2008, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jules. Thanks for the warm welcome. Sometimes I still miss the EX500, especially during my long commute to work, it was more comfortable and it got great gas mileage. But I feel like I made the right decision to move up to the CBR600, it handles better and it is much faster. Definitely a thrill to ride.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:04 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I definitely preferred my little 500 in the traffic, it was so narrow and light, the best bike for filtering ever!! ..combine that with a decent amount of go and it was a real fun bike to commute on ... but out on the open roads of Wales it would be left for dead by my 600 ..
I had some pics of me riding it somewhere through the bends ..I will see if I can find them, it was a black one with red wheels!!

Oh and I would easily get 60+mpg out of it ridden sensibly :-)

Jules