New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Herro!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Herro!

Hey guys!

Another Marylander here! (Just north of Bel Air) I don't have a bike yet, but I'm looking to get a CBR600 for around 4,000. This will be my first bike, but I think I should be able to handle it. I have 12 years of dirtbiking under my belt, so I have the main concepts down. Not looking for anything bigger. I plan on browsing here to pass time and learn a lot of info! I would like to find a white CBR if possible!

I also have a modded 2004 Subaru WRX STi - which is my weekend toy, along with a Honda Civic as a daily.

Lookin' to get into biking, have fun, and meet lots of fellow riders! Seems like a nice community so far!

I don't have a bike to show off yet, but here are two pics of my baby!

Name:  1234-1.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  78.8 KB
Name:  2010-09-19_14-10-54_428.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  133.2 KB

Old 02-20-2011, 12:22 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF.. good choice with HONDA.
wheres the spioler???? one of my favorite cars.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
welcome to CBRF.. good choice with HONDA.
wheres the spioler???? one of my favorite cars.
Thank ya! Everyone is saying Honda is the way to go. I was seriously considering an R6. They have swayed my mind though.

I decided to take the wing off the car for a few months. I love the look of the wingless STi. It'll be coming off again this summer. It's an acquired taste. I didn't like it at first either, but grew to love the look!

Old 02-20-2011, 07:46 PM

Thank you for the welcome! I should be pretty good at adhering to the posting rules. I am a regular on IWSTI and it's a tad annoying when people can't search or post in the correct section.

Anyways - how well do you think dirtbike skills will transfer over onto the road. I am very comfortable with balance, clutch, braking, handling the bike, etc. I would imagine streetbikes are a little more to handle and maneuver, correct? Any advice?

Old 02-23-2011, 04:36 PM

Welcome man.

i'm in Va right outside of Gtown in DC. Good luck with the bike hunt, and the rex looks good.

Old 02-23-2011, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Welcome man.

i'm in Va right outside of Gtown in DC. Good luck with the bike hunt, and the rex looks good.
Thank you!

I've actually taken interest in your bike. I got destroyed by a GT500 a little over a year ago and I'm getting a big settlement shortly, and am going to get a bike, spend a little on the car (maintenance) and then put the rest away for later in life. If your bike is still around in about a month - I'd like to come see it and possibly take it off your hands!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by leftbehind126
Thank you!

I've actually taken interest in your bike. I got destroyed by a GT500 a little over a year ago and I'm getting a big settlement shortly, and am going to get a bike, spend a little on the car (maintenance) and then put the rest away for later in life. If your bike is still around in about a month - I'd like to come see it and possibly take it off your hands!
Well i'm not actively trying to sell her so there's a good chance she will be.

Money coming in is always nice!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Default Welcome !!!

Good to have you here and good luck with your bike hunt...make sure you post pics soon as you find one...we love pics..
Make sure you get some gear too, stay safe out there!!

Quick Reply: Herro!