New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Help me choose...

Old 06-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose...

Im a 26 year old girl. Some riding experience. Less than a year. Im Tall, like almost 6 feet. quite skinny(135 pounds). I have been riding - aprillia 125, kawasaki 454ltd, 500 and a Honda cbr1000rr once and fell in love(i really stretched this out on a military base, and the power and acceleration was insane). My concern is that the bike might be to much for me to handle. So, should i go with an 06 cbr1000rr or and 07 cbr600rr. I can get em for the same price. They are both completely stock, never laid down or even dropped, full service manuals, and around 10 000 miles, so daily drivers to some extent. They come in the boring color of black. I really wanted red... but cant find a red in my price range. I think black is less visible in traffic and might be bad for an inexperienced driver.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:03 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

welcome to CBRF

sit on both and see how they both feel. if the 1krr feels better get that one. it has a lot more power but its what you do with that power matters, if you take it slow, you will be just fine. 600 should be comfy enough for you and less powerful, if you prefer to go that way. and you know you can always paint it red.

good luck with the purchase and let us know which one you picked.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard hegemk!

If you can get them both at the same price, I'd probably go w/ the 1000RR. However, that's me. Question is, which better suits your needs, budget (insurance), comfort level, etc? I typically recommend not getting a liter bike for less experienced riders. However, it also depends on maturity level, riding ability, etc. You can always get the 600RR, build your skills, & move up to a liter bike later.

As for the bike being black, I wouldn't worry about it. You can buy bright colored gear or add bright colored graphics to your bike.

Good luck. Look forward to hearing how it turns out for you.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Default This is hard...

The 600 got sold while I was deciding.. It happens.. Then I have a bad and a good feeling for the 06 1000rr, its at a car dealer ship. That took it inn as a trade. But in their add, they are saying Im selling MY beautiful cbr1000rr. And I know, and I have, and I am.. you know.. It feels like they have put on bs to make people call. To seem like a responsible owner, but really they are a car dealership. I also inquired with my local powersports shop, and they said, in this marked, if you find anything wrong, walk away, even the tiniest thing. If it has been dropped or laid down, walk away, if it is far from stock, walk away. And that's how you find a motorcycle who will last and work. The problem is: in my price range, it seems like everything has been dropped once, and its always at very slow speeds, or peeps get to it before me. Here is a link to the bike in question for now. 2006 Honda CBR1000RR CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN BIKE
But it seems like its going to take time.. and more time... He is willing to let it go for 5300. No dealer fees....
Im looking at a 600rr tomorrow tho, but he wants 4800 for it(no negotiation), and its an 05, and its upgraded upgraded upgraded, and laid down once, he has done custom work to the whole paint and plastic, so its apparently only visible on one side lower engine. He also says he has driven 8000 miles since unfortunate event, so he thinks there should not be anything wrong. I am torn between the better deal, and the better bike... maybe i should just wait and see how the market progresses...

Old 06-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by hegemk
Im a 26 year old girl.
Hi... I'm Nate

With that said - whats wrong with a black bike??!?!?

I agree with gotcbr - I started on a 600cc bike myself so maturity and skill plays a huge role in whatever you decide to get. Just make sure to take a MSF course to get a good foundation under your belt.

That 1000rr sure does look clean. Price might be a little high though, but hard to say with so many factors at work. Between the two i'd go with the 1kRR just from the sound of it.

Anyways good luck and lets see some pics Optional to include the bike.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

06 1000RR would be my choice so far only 500 in the difference on a bike that's been down. Only you yourself know if you'd be comfortable & confident riding a liter bike.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sprock
06 1000RR would be my choice so far only 500 in the difference on a bike that's been down. Only you yourself know if you'd be comfortable & confident riding a liter bike.

I myself prefer the lighter weight of the 600's and 99% or riders will never push a 600 past its true limits to warrant a larger bike, but it sure is fun having that power on tap sometimes! I was originally looking for an 07 black () 1000rr when I found a deal too too good to pass up on my 09 600rr and looking back am glad I went this route.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Hegmk, sounds like you have your heart set on a CBR; cool. My thought would be that if you're concerned about a 1K possibly being too much bike, then it probably is. Either way, let us know what you end up with. BTW, a murdered out bike with pink accents would look pretty sexy. Who cares if they see you?
Welcome to CBRF

Old 06-17-2011, 05:11 PM

This came on the marked today. Im kinda curious, and im going to see it tomorrow. If he still have it.... he said its a million calls and texts.. but he sounds ok. and his idee to meet tomorrow. I called my local powersports again, and they will run the vin to see if its stolen, and they said it was an okay price. Its been down. And the front light sometimes shut off, and sometimes dont. Any idees on that, loose wire?

Honda CBR 600RR 2006

Old 06-18-2011, 02:11 PM

I got a 2006 Cbr1000rr for 4300 dollars. it has 19 000 miles on it, so maybe a little pricy, but I love it. Now I need riders in the Kissimmee, FL area.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help me choose...