New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from TURKEY

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from TURKEY

Hey everyone.I'm a newbie both in this forum and in the motorbike world Lemme introduce myself a little.
I'm 27 (whoaa,damn it,wish I was 18) but I've been dying for bikes since my childhood.But considering the external facts,my family was deadly opposed to the idea of their son riding a bike.Among the reasons were the news we hear every week about a biker getting killed in a crash,roads being unsafe for the bikers because of the uneducated drivers on the road,lack of knowledge about motorcycles and the most important factor was that their son with an addiction to speed and adrenaline
I got the picture that,if I can not buy a motorbike myself,my family would not help me out about this.So I saved a little,sold my car and ordered for a 2006 red CBR 600 F.But there was this one little problem:I did not know anything about riding an SS.I got in contact with people who are teaching to ride and completed the course.But still what everyone told me that no matter how talented I am or how many courses I took,it was not a proper bike to begin with.But I was determined.I would either ride a cbr 600 or keep hangin around with those four wheeled cages.
And the day came to recieve my SON from the dealer's showroom.It was such an amazing emotion that I hope everyone can experience such a feeling.
I shared this happines with my family after 2 months.They surprisingly did not cause any problems.
At first it was a bit difficult to get used to it but now it's been 3000 km.s and everything is ok.I hope it goes that way.
I'm glad to be among you guys.I will post the pictures soon.
If you have anything to ask about Turkey in general or about the riding acitivities and all that stuff in here,just lemme know

Old 07-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hello from TURKEY

Wow! Welcome to the board! Definitely post up some pics in a gallery of the bike and your country. I must say your command of English is probably better than mine

Old 07-28-2006, 10:52 AM

Hello & Welcome!!

Turkeys are good, but they make you sleepy! LOL!

Old 07-28-2006, 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: pitsvtec

Hello & Welcome!!

Turkeys are good, but they make you sleepy! LOL!
lol... Pit, girl you is CRAZY i agree though... turkey does make you sleepy and that's why i don't have any for lunch because i'll fall asleep at work!

welcome to the forum BOZ79! i've never been to Turkey but have quite a few Turkish friends... very nice people. and i have to say that one of the most beautiful girls i've ever met in real life is Turkish can't wait to see pics!

Old 07-29-2006, 03:38 AM

Welcome to the board. The 600 is a bit of a handful for a beginner, but not impossible for one who is wise enough to acknowledge his/her limitations and take it easy until skill level increases. Do they have MSF type courses available there - if so, I strongly urge you to take advantage of one of them.
Terry

Old 07-29-2006, 04:01 AM

Wow... We are getting people from everywhere. Welcome to the board!!

Old 08-01-2006, 05:15 AM

chainstretcher,thanks a lot I got a few nice pics at hand and I'm trying to upload them here,will not take long.
pitsvtec, turkeys make you sleepy? Not me for sure
cbr04,yeah there are some really astonishing girls around here.You know what the best part is? They can say "no" to anything but not to motorbikes
raddragn you are absolutely right.It's sometimes hard though to hold yourself not to increase the speed but it's important to act wisely as you said.We have courses being given by Honda,BMW and a few more.I will take one of HOnda's courses in a few weeks.
Thank you all so much for your hospitality.