New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello Seebarf!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Seebarf!

Hi, I currently own a '93 CBR600 F2. I've been riding it for the last couple of years and I'm now at the point where I need to make sure I provide it with proper maintenance as I haven't been. I worry about riding it into the ground...

That being said, I know very little about motorcycle mechanics but I want to learn and do the work myself. It seems these forums are a huge resource and I look forward to taking advantage.

I guess my first question is: I live in an apartment and I don't have a lot of money/room, what tools should I have to make sure I can work on my bike properly? I apologize in advance if this isn't the correct place for that question, I haven't had the opportunity to explore too much yet.

Thanks again and I look forward to learning a lot.

Old 12-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Hey welcome to the forum not sure on the tools I have a shop that I work in where I just find what I need and get at it. Since you bike is carbed I would recommend a card sync gauge for when you do.need to do that it will save you a lot of money in the long run and you can even do other peoples bikes for some easy cash when needed

Old 12-16-2010, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome to the forum, and.jim

Old 12-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the Forum , some metric sockets and wrenches, metric allen keys
vice grips snips etc

Old 12-16-2010, 06:49 PM

Don't forget the big hammer! Welcome to the forum.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi and Welcome to the CBR Forum. Don't forget a bike lift, helps out on the back...

Old 12-16-2010, 11:14 PM

Consider getting to know some local riders. Motorcyclists in general are a pretty helpful bunch, given the opportunity. If, for example, you wanted to replace sprockets and chain, one of your buddies might have a grinder to take out the rivets on the master link, and chances are one of them will have the chain press tool to install the new rivets. Another may have an impact wrench to make front sprocket removal easier. See what I'm saying? There are a few specialized tools that just don't make sense to purchase if you're only going to use them once in your lifetime, but if you get together with a few other people maybe you all can spread the load a little. That being said, the only thing I can really add to Sprock's list would be screwdrivers and a torque wrench. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!

Old 12-17-2010, 03:51 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the board! I see someone read the Code of Conduct

As far as working on the bike, I know it's tough if you're living in an apartment because of the limited work area. Having biker friends with access to a garage and a couple tools is always a plus. I used to charge a 12 pack

Old 12-17-2010, 06:24 AM

Yeah he actually read a sticky!! Not that I should admit this, but I think I read that Code of Conduct for the first time 5 days ago and am shocked I have not been beaten, flogged and Banned.

And Welcome!

Old 12-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
Sparkman dealt out some very useful info there....rider friends can be your best mechanics!

AS for Nate.........

LOl....J/K Nate-dog

Last edited by hondajunkie; 12-21-2010 at 04:26 PM.