New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from NYC

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from NYC

Hey guys, new to the forum and just got my 1st cbr (2001 Erion 929) which I'm almost done bringing back to life as it sat for a while. Definitely has been a learning experience for me and learning more every day. I've learned alot from this site and hopefully I can return the favor in the future to all here.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

welcome!
i had that same bike, until a truck killed it. loved that bike too. all is good now though, replaced her with another 929rr! you will love that bike. i'm sure you realized that by now. they are great bikes and have the best trunk, just ask the 929 section! nice to have another 929rr member on board!

any questions? ask away.......

demon

Old 03-23-2012, 08:05 PM

Thanks Demon, I'm sure I'll love the bike.....if I could ever get her finished! Just did a bunch of bs things to her. I picked her up from a friend a few months ago and she just needed some tlc and a GOOD cleaning. This is what she looked like when I 1st got her...
Now after a new tank, windscreen, rear tire, misc missing/ broken parts and fixing an electrical problem and painting the wheels, here's what she looks like now...

A buddy of mine has her now cause the chain adjusting bolt froze inside the swingarm and I sheared of the head when i was replacing the chain and sprockets....

Old 03-23-2012, 11:33 PM

nice work!
frozen adjuster, how in the world did that happen? hopefully you can get it out without too much trouble. are you going to stunt it?

Old 03-24-2012, 07:36 AM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to cbrforum! I'm about 5 min from you.. Hit me up if you want to ride one Sunday morning or something...

Old 03-24-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon
nice work!
frozen adjuster, how in the world did that happen? hopefully you can get it out without too much trouble. are you going to stunt it?

i'm assuming it froze cause the guy left the bike uncovered, outside, and it sat for over a year . That adjusting bolt is hardened steel and 3 people already have tried to drill that sob out with no success. I got lucky though and found another swingarm so I'm just gonna swap it out. It was set as a stunt bike already. Still has the cage, 12 bar and third brake setup, but i replaced the dented tank with a fresh one. I'm gonna change the 12 bar as I have a new one and Hotbodies undertail.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
Welcome to cbrforum! I'm about 5 min from you.. Hit me up if you want to ride one Sunday morning or something...
Cool man, absolutely. The more riding buddies we can get together, the better. Thanks! Hopefully my bike will be done this weekend.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad you found us & enjoy what we have to offer. Definitely pay it forward.

You've done a good job cleaning up your Erion. Looks like its found a good home w/ you.

Welcome aboard!

Old 03-24-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by nightmarenyc
i'm assuming it froze cause the guy left the bike uncovered, outside, and it sat for over a year . That adjusting bolt is hardened steel and 3 people already have tried to drill that sob out with no success. I got lucky though and found another swingarm so I'm just gonna swap it out. It was set as a stunt bike already. Still has the cage, 12 bar and third brake setup, but i replaced the dented tank with a fresh one. I'm gonna change the 12 bar as I have a new one and Hotbodies undertail.
Make sure that the new swing arm is black. Only the erion had a black one. The rest were aluminum, like mine in the picture.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Make sure that the new swing arm is black. Only the erion had a black one. The rest were aluminum, like mine in the picture.
I got an OEM Erion swingarm so it will still be all original and match the frame perfectly!