New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello from KC MO

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 10:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hello from KC MO

Signed up here 11 days ago, was wondering what was taking so long to accept me! The sign in text is odd, since it says I am awaiting admin aproval, so I figured you guys just hadn't got around to it (in 11 days?!) lol

But apparenly I can post (just made a post called "test" and unfortinetly instead of me being able to edit it, and make it my real post right now, I gotta wait for an admin to approve lol

Anyways, I'm Towlieee, I'm from 45 minutes north of Kansas City Mo. Been riding around 14 years, first bike was a fzr600, year later got a 2003 honda f4i, had it for about 6-7 years

just picked up a clapped out 2001 F4i for $700 to make a stunt bike. Decided to do some maintenance that turned into me wanting to paint it, and now i've buried myself first deep in it. I will be posting tons of pics about my build, doing some things I've never seen/herad of anyone doing to a f4i, or a stunt bike in general. Not saying it hasn't been done, but I just haven't seen it

Teaser pic of my build. Okay its not a teaser, just a pick of the sludge in the oil pan. I really do have a semi-unique build going on that is super budget, but super out there. I'll post soon

Old 06-10-2018, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi, sorry for your wait , check the moderation everyday ,but yours has only just come up for some reason, anyway welcome to the Forum

Old 06-10-2018, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet
Hi, sorry for your wait , check the moderation everyday ,but yours has only just come up for some reason, anyway welcome to the Forum
Ah it's okay, I was just confused haha, no problem!

I haven't had a sport bike in like 5-6 years, and now that I got another f4i, I realized I don't have any cbr/f4i forums! I could have sworn I was signed up to 1 or 2 years aog, maybe they vanished, maybe I'm crazy? The only forum I know I frequented was stuntlife, but stuntlife and stuntride are dead.

Just wanted a place to share my build, the new stuff (new to me stuff) I'm doing on this build, and see if there is anything I can learn about the elusive f4i that I haven't figured out yet haha. Plus to share my knowledge with people who need help. I know f4i's inside and out, I know too damn much about them. Well everything except for inside the motor, the f4i's I've had have always been tanks, never needed to dig in the motor for serious work! (rebuilt other motors tho )

On question that I'm about to find out, do I still have to wait for a moderator to approve posts? If so, how long is that? Also if is, is it like a certain number of posts thing, certain time frame, or just until a mod lets me just post? If it's just a mod letting me post without approval on each post, then, anyway I could move up the list fast? Haha.. IT's a pain in the ***, and well, Towlieee is my name since the beginning of time on every forum, my email, my youtube, etc, all 10+ years, a search of google will find me all over the place from computers, to bikes, to mopeds, to cars, to cell phones, to circuit boards, t ocar audio, to this to that lol

Old 06-10-2018, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

You'll fit well here , especially with your knowledge of the F4i, Admin usually OK your PM's after usually 10 posts , so would suggest having a look at the f4i section and post as many as you can, will keep a check on your moderated posts to make sure

Old 06-10-2018, 02:29 AM

Sounds good! 10 posts isn't bad

I just didn't wanna have to wait like a week or something, haha. I just like to see my posts right away, in case I need to edit a mistake lol

Old 06-10-2018, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Neither would I, so keep them coming , should be a lot for you to go at in f4i

Old 06-10-2018, 02:49 AM

Originally Posted by CaBaRet
Neither would I, so keep them coming , should be a lot for you to go at in f4i
haha I will, I get post-*****-ish from time to time

Still brushing things up on my bike in the garage, its almost 3am bwahaha

Old 06-10-2018, 02:50 AM

CORROSION?! WHAT!

oh all better now

(was soldering different wires to the start button anyways, lol

Old 06-10-2018, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

Good idea to post all the pictures , will help with other members going through the same problem , see your dedicated ,it' 09;00 here in UK and will be watching the WSB in just a moment but will keep popping back to make sure of your posts

Old 06-10-2018, 05:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Signed up here 11 days ago, was wondering what was taking so long to accept me! The sign in text is odd, since it says I am awaiting admin aproval, so I figured you guys just hadn't got around to it (in 11 days?!) lol

But apparenly I can post (just made a post called "test" and unfortinetly instead of me being able to edit it, and make it my real post right now, I gotta wait for an admin to approve lol

Anyways, I'm Towlieee, I'm from 45 minutes north of Kansas City Mo. Been riding around 14 years, first bike was a fzr600, year later got a 2003 honda f4i, had it for about 6-7 years

just picked up a clapped out 2001 F4i for $700 to make a stunt bike. Decided to do some maintenance that turned into me wanting to paint it, and now i've buried myself first deep in it. I will be posting tons of pics about my build, doing some things I've never seen/herad of anyone doing to a f4i, or a stunt bike in general. Not saying it hasn't been done, but I just haven't seen it

Teaser pic of my build. Okay its not a teaser, just a pick of the sludge in the oil pan. I really do have a semi-unique build going on that is super budget, but super out there. I'll post soon

Mmmm...sludge.

Lee's Summit here. Welcome!

Quick Reply: Hello from KC MO