New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello, i'm new to riding...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, i'm new to riding...

Hello guys and girls.

The reason why i want ABS model is 1) All the review hail the king of brakes 2) it will prevent me from doing unsafe activities in the form of burn-out and front wheel stands, it's not like i'm trying to do them but i'm sure it might cross my mind althought i'm just looking to ride on weekends for recreational activities.
No brainer i would prefer CBR600RR over VFR800 just basing on the look's, the reason why i narrowed my research down to these 2 bikes is because CBR600 is the most comfortable out of 600 class and VFR800 is the most comfortable sport bike on the market. Once i'm back i will go to the dealership and sit on both bike to choose which bike woul suit me the best. Like i already mentioned in my previous sentence i would prefer to have CBR600 but due to my size i'm worried that i will look like i stole it from a teenager or at least that's what a buddy of mine tell's me who had Suzuki Katana few years back. I'm 6'3'' 230lbs athletically built guy and i want a bike to ride and enjoy things that i've been missing this past year.

So what do you guys think about these 2 bikes and do you think i will be comfortable on CBR600RR ? I've sat on my friends Ninja ZX6R about 4 years ago and personally it was for me. I have pretty long arms and legs so i know reaching the ground will not be a problem for me and reaching the steering bar's won't be an issue as well.

Thank you for you advice and comment's.

-Yev.

Last edited by RusWolf; 07-22-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Hello guys and girls.

My name is Yevgeniy or simply Yev. I am 25 (about to be 26 in 5 days) y.o. and i'm currently serving with 2nd Infantry Division, 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team in Baghdad, Iraq. I'm stationed at Ft.Lewis, WA but my hometown is Bronx, NY.
I'm new to the bike world, upon my return which will be very soon i'm planning on picking up CBR600RR ABS in black or VFR800 ABS in black.
The reason why i want ABS model is 1) All the review hail the king of brakes 2) it will prevent me from doing unsafe activities in the form of burn-out and front wheel stands, it's not like i'm trying to do them but i'm sure it might cross my mind althought i'm just looking to ride on weekends for recreational activities.
No brainer i would prefer CBR600RR over VFR800 just basing on the look's, the reason why i narrowed my research down to these 2 bikes is because CBR600 is the most comfortable out of 600 class and VFR800 is the most comfortable sport bike on the market. Once i'm back i will go to the dealership and sit on both bike to choose which bike woul suit me the best. Like i already mentioned in my previous sentence i would prefer to have CBR600 but due to my size i'm worried that i will look like i stole it from a teenager or at least that's what a buddy of mine tell's me who had Suzuki Katana few years back. I'm 6'3'' 230lbs athletically built guy and i want a bike to ride and enjoy things that i've been missing this past year.

So what do you guys think about these 2 bikes and do you think i will be comfortable on CBR600RR ? I've sat on my friends Ninja ZX6R about 4 years ago and personally it was for me. I have pretty long arms and legs so i know reaching the ground will not be a problem for me and reaching the steering bar's won't be an issue as well.

Thank you for you advice and comment's.

-Yev.
(1) i think you will be uncomfortable on a CBR600RR i'd look more into the cbr1000RR alittle bigger and with you're size i think you will like it better ......
(2) don't try and keep up with other riders until you can ride alot better !!!!!!!!
(3) good luck and come home safe

Old 07-12-2010, 05:36 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Yev and welcome to the forums

The CBR600RR is an amazing bike and very powerful for it's size,

it's comfortable too but you are quite tall, that may work for or against, not sure

it may mean you are not leaning forward say as much as I do because
you have longer arms ... it really is a case of try the two bikes out and see

I would also have to advise you since you are a new rider that the 1000RR would be a bit much for a novice rider

Good luck and let us know what you decide

Jules

Old 07-12-2010, 05:56 AM

+1 on the come home safe
+1 on I would also have to advise you since you are a new rider that the 1000RR would be a bit much for a novice rider!!!!!!!

ride safe,

Ant.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:50 AM

Thanks to all of you for these replies.
Honestly i myself think that 1L bike will be too much for me, simply because i know i will not use that machine for what it's designed for. In my opinion it will be the same as some people driving AMG benz or a ferrari at 20mph in the left lane..
And the sales rep that i'm speaking to online adviced me against 1L bike and he said he does not want to sell it to me..

He thinks that VFR800 will be the bike for me as it's fun enough, comfatable and size is good as well, CBR600 he wants me to check out as well just to compare how it feels. That dealership also deals triumph and yamaha motorcycles so i will be able to sit on several bike for comparison.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RusWolf
Thanks to all of you for these replies.
Honestly i myself think that 1L bike will be too much for me, simply because i know i will not use that machine for what it's designed for. In my opinion it will be the same as some people driving AMG benz or a ferrari at 20mph in the left lane..
And the sales rep that i'm speaking to online adviced me against 1L bike and he said he does not want to sell it to me..

He thinks that VFR800 will be the bike for me as it's fun enough, comfatable and size is good as well, CBR600 he wants me to check out as well just to compare how it feels. That dealership also deals triumph and yamaha motorcycles so i will be able to sit on several bike for comparison.
now guys don't get me wrong i'm not trying to get him killed by saying get the 1000RR i'm looking at it as him being comfortable on the bike .....after all he is a big guy ......

Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM

Althought i know that all of the current 1L bikes come with the power adjuster modes... so one can pretty much drive 1L bike and it will behave like a 600...

Old 07-15-2010, 06:11 PM

Hey guys is there a section on this forums where people talk about helmets.gloves, jackets etc pretty much gear threads and stuff like that ?

I can't seem to find it.