New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

hello honda ppl

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hello honda ppl

hi i go the handle of red mason the 89 is a secret and its not year cbr i have :P
im a so cali local im new to bikes and honda as well. started my mechanical story on gen one small block chevys graduated to modern engines, did the import scene for a while mainly the drift aspect. last car was an s14 240x beautiful panda which was sold since i got a suspended license. Bought a bunch of stuff i didnt need including an ipad. after a week of pointless finger movement i went on craigslist and put the ipad for trade few days later i get a call from a guy with a 87 honda hurricane i immediately hung up, at that time honda was the devil. After hours on the net since wiki is pretty empty i figured why the hell not ive never had a bike before so i called him back and we traded. The bike was in poor condition no fairings, no gas cap, only a tail light stuck on high...but it came with new front forks, tires, rotors, fox twin clicker and it started and i was lookin for a somethin to build while i serve out my suspension ive already identified whats wrong with the bike and the most difficult thing is the carbs then replacing relays and buying lights. I STILL HATE HONDA CARS but ill give their bikes a shot :P lets rock and roll

Old 09-24-2011, 01:27 AM

Welcome to CBRF redmason

Sounds like you got a pretty good project ahead of you. Should take pics of the progress as you go!!!

Good luck

Old 09-24-2011, 01:50 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome....Honda motorcycle are the best. Fun, affordable, reliable.....endless customs opportunity if you ever choose that route. Very nice handling too..... Hope you enjoy your bike as much as we do here....

Old 09-24-2011, 04:29 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the asylum
Plenty to see and do.
Look around, enjoy !

Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello redmason. Welcome aboard.

We always like to hear when a bike is being saved from rotting away. Hope you get it all sorted out & ready for the road asap.

Then again, I guess *asap* really depends on how long your suspension is. ;-) You'll need your motorcycle endorsement, if you don't have it already. Many of us here suggest taking the MSF Course www.msf-course.usa . It will teach you basic riding techniques & safety. Also, it will count toward your riding test at the DMV (some it counts for the written exam as well). The MSF course will also get you a discount on your insurance, which I'm sure you're going to need.

Good luck w/ everything.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:17 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see how anyone could hate honda cars. I love everything honda. Even honda clones. lol..

Welcome to the site and good luck with the build.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:30 PM

600 or 1000? Nice trade by the way...

Old 09-24-2011, 02:07 PM

its a 600, thanks for all the warm welcomes. ill post pics of my build as i go