New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

Hello! Hello!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello! Hello!

How is everyone? Like to say high and thanks for having an awesome forum! I've purchased a 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4 which I'll be taking ownership of next week which at that time will also be posting picks. It's been at least 6 years since I last rode. I used to have I believe a 2003 yamaha zx6. Only had it for less than a year and finances at the time forced sale. Enough of sad stuff, well my friend had bought this a year or so back n since we r great friends he decided to give it to me for $1000. The bike is a beater, my friend only rode it for a couple hundred miles back n forth to work and to learn how to ride. The bike has 34000 miles, signs of lay down (slider worn and scuffs fairing,etc), in need of TLC and now that my youngest son is finally getting to be a little more independent I'm gonna have some spare time on my hands for another project! I used to be in the import racing and show scene back in the days which was costly, so when I saw my friend selling his bike I said what the hell! From what I have seen from your forum so far surpasses the old import forum days! I hope to get tons of helpful tips, parts, tech and fun from your forum! Thanks again and I'll post photos when I pick up the bike next week!

Old 03-14-2012, 03:00 AM

Hi Welcome,

Enjoy the forum.there is so much information for that bike.
Keep her clean when u got her!!

Old 03-14-2012, 09:37 AM
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I've been thinking like crazy what route I want to go....as eager as I am to get back on and get comfortable ride ring again, I want to do this right from the start! I don't want to have to teardown again later. So I'm looking to u guys for advice n help......let me tell u my plans so then u can tell me I'm crazy or my vision is great. I want the bike to look as new as it came off the factory line, anywhere I can save money would be great since I wasn't born with a silver spoon, the motor has 34000 miles on it as I saw nothing leaking n motor still feels strong so in the maintenance aspect want to take care of all I need to since I'm tearing down to clean and rebuild, oh I forgot to mention the previous owner prior to my friend looked like he was fabricating a turbo kit for the bike cause it has one....don't get me wrong sounds cool as hell but way too much lag on take off so that is why I need complete exhaust. Once again I'm so eager to ride that is why I'm looking for a stock system but also want to make this bike a custom??? Before I get into the overall details of my plan I figure let's go question by question.....since u can get how eager I am in riding again and basically how clean and the direction I plan for the bike where and what should I do? Do I really have to take the bike completely apart to get that factory clean I want? And to help with my vision wat trick parts swapping can I do? Like thei think F4I single tailpipe out the middle under seat look! Can't really tell the difference in 2000/2001+ fairings any suggestions? But my biggest plan and costly from what I can see is I always wanted the FAT TIRE CONVERSION!!!!! Help me thanks!

Old 03-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard Lvniteracer!

Congrats on your F4. Hope you get it fixed up like you want. I have a 2000 F4 as well. F4's are great bikes.

Glad you found us & like what we have to offer. Settle in & make yourself at home.